AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best cheap ak now? Cheap being 600 dollars or less? I need something that has reciever dimples, so wasrs are out of the questions. Also, chrome lined barrel would be nice. I Was going to get an arsenal, than i was laid off, and am now working retail, but still need an AK.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,606 Posts
Check out the WTS adds, the stuff there is not bad at all. Plus in some cases, you can actually buy it from the guy that built it up from a demilled kit.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,606 Posts
Oh, but to answer the original question, probably romanian military simply because of numbers out there and classic AK rugged reliability. Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
Slimjim said:
Whats the best cheap ak now? Cheap being 600 dollars or less? I need something that has reciever dimples, so wasrs are out of the questions. Also, chrome lined barrel would be nice. I Was going to get an arsenal, than i was laid off, and am now working retail, but still need an AK.
Here you go....
http://atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=9
Chrome-lined with dimples
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,316 Posts
Maadi = built on Russian machinery.

MAK-90 = banned from import in '93, AK-47 beefyness.



Both can still found for 400-500 or so.

t
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Trueno said:
Maadi = built on Russian machinery.

MAK-90 = banned from import in '93, AK-47 beefyness.



Both can still found for 400-500 or so.

t
don't forget the SAR series. dimpled military receiver, chromed barrel.
good basic AK. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,387 Posts
$600 will get you a very nice AK in the used market. Just watch the WTS board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,316 Posts
skyugo said:
don't forget the SAR series. dimpled military receiver, chromed barrel.
good basic AK. :cool:
My bad, guess I gotta quit lumpin' the SAR's in with the WASR's.


t
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Trueno said:
skyugo said:
don't forget the SAR series. dimpled military receiver, chromed barrel.
good basic AK. :cool:
My bad, guess I gotta quit lumpin' the SAR's in with the WASR's.


t
the SAR's are a little nicer in my experience. my friend has a WASR that doesn't like to feed some of my mags. finish is a bit rougher on em too.

the fact that the SAR has a dimpled receiver makes it a better choice for cloning your favorite military AK as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
+1 on the MAK90. They also have the advantage of being very plentiful, or at least where I am. Most shops here usually have one in stock. Hell the last shop had 3 to choose from, all of them looked very clean. They were in the 400 to 500 dollar price range and were in excellent shape.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
636 Posts
As much as I know how people hate Hesse/Vulcan, I have a 74 built on a Hesse receiver that's been a great shooter for thousands of rounds now. Never a problem and the quality of the build is solid. Finish needs a touching up here and there, but it's really no big deal to me. It's not like it's gold plated Desert Eagle bling or anything.

This was my first AK and didn't really know anything about them beyond they are dead nuts reliable and darned near indestructible. I bought it on an impulse buy at a gun show with a sealed 1080 round tin for $600 out the door. Glad I got lucky and got a good one! :dance:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top