AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am getting started building AKs. These will just be for my family as they want to build their own with some guidance. I just curious what AK Parts kits are considered the best. I like YUGOs but they are heavy and the wife wants something lighter. I am open to your opinions on this. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Romanian kits are great kits, mil spec, durable, affordable and plentiful. Lots of people build these first.

Once you have built a couple, then consider tackling a matching polish, east german or the higher priced russian parts kit.

Reactions: Bad Comapny

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Of course, everyone's got their own opinions. Typically, it's better to start with a kit that's not so expensive. In that respect, a Romanian kit would be good. With the Romanian kits, the older you get, the better you get. (Typically) As far as the nicest kits out there... my personally opinion is that it's hard to beat a Polish milled kit. The quality on those was just top notch. I don't have any experience with a Polish stamped kit, but I do like the Russian stamped kits. Who doesn't, right? Anyway, best of luck to you!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a few kits I like. They are the Romanian Military Mod 63 AKM47 parts kits. I will also pick up a black Nitride Barrel with everything ready to go even the gas port. I already have the Gas port drill bits but guess I won't need them on this build. They should ship 2/1.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I found a few kits I like. They are the Romanian Military Mod 63 AKM47 parts kits. I will also pick up a black Nitride Barrel with everything ready to go even the gas port. I already have the Gas port drill bits but guess I won't need them on this build. They should ship 2/1.
Why not just buy a Romanian CHF CL barrel? They’re available so are the Polish Fabryka Broni barrels, the FB barrels are sweet

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Why not just buy a Romanian CHF CL barrel? They’re available so are the Polish Fabryka Broni barrels, the FB barrels are sweet
I was gonna suggest this but a US barrel is about half price and this is his first build. I’d rather someone screw up a US barrel if it comes to that. But yeah, the romy barrel is a better choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts