AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to let folks know that I am working with a local machine shop to possibly get some Beryl rear trunnions reproduced so we can use the optics rail :D

The rear sight base cuts should be easy enough to make if you just go slow, so I am not going to worry about a repro RSB at the moment.

I am waiting on a sight rail at the moment and wont be able to make much progress until that comes in, but I am mocking up a prototype on a romanian rear trunnion using a dummy receiver and I am going to make the cuts on the back of a romy rear sight base. Once we get the dimensions and everything right, I will go ahead and have the shop make some of these. I need to know what kind of Interest we would have from forum members as far as purchasing them, so I can know how many to make. I will keep at least a few for my own use.

I think it will be about ~$75 each + shipping, of course depending on how many we decide to make.

This is not meant to be vaporware, and I am telling you upfront that it will be at least a couple of weeks from the time my optics rail gets here. If somebody wants to loan me an optics rail to speed it up, that would be fine also.

Lets see some interest!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Would this allow the use of the optical rail with a Tantal folding stock or would you have to switch to a Beryl stock?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It should allow use with the tantal folding stock or even a fixed AKM stock. But we will see. I have a Beryl stock but I am missing a piece or two and I am waiting to hear back from a guy in the states who has a Beryl kit on what I am missing.

Any takers on loaning or selling me an optics rail? Shifty is not responding to my PM's

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any more takers? This is pretty sad considering the amount of threads that have been started about the beryl and the need for the trunnion. The optics rails are easy to get.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts