AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
I really think the Polish Beryl takes the medal for the best looking modernized AK series. Id really like to find on of those upper picatinny rail mounts. Looks like it screws into the rear trunion and folding stock. That lower hand guard is really nice looking too. Id like to find that as well and give the SLR-105 a new look. The only other contender that I can think of is the rail system Sovakia or Slovenia has goin for their Zasatavas. Saw a pic on Militaryphotos.net in a post titled "AK with Scopes"

Does anyone know if the Mini Beryl can launch grenades off the muzzle booster or flash suppressor? I heard someone it was capable of doing the same as the Tantal. Someone was selling one with a non birdcage style suppressor on Gunbroker a few weeks ago.

To bad the SLR I have has no threads because the state of CT has terrible gun laws on weapons that have hi cap mags, pistol grips, folding stocks, threads, flash suppresssors and lugs. Id really love the opertunity to chage the FSB with threads so I can mount nice 24mm accessories on it.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
The Mini-B can launch grenades. It KICKS like a MOFO and blasts gas back in your face, but it is fun as hell to shoot.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
predator86 said:
Whats with the selector marks I one see one? I see the third pin in there.
I assume you mean the lack of more than one position.

On the Tantal/Beryl series, the "selector" is only a safety lever.
The fire modes are determined by a left side thumb selector.

Tantal/Beryls have three modes of fire, single shot(semi-suto), three shot burst, and full auto.

Here is a pic of the left side of a Mini Beryl.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I was just doing some searching online for the Beryl and here are some pics I came across.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I really like the Beryl. It's almost the perfect AK. Just a few things I would change. For the stock I would add a tantal style thumb release latch and make the stock sit up a little higher for better cheek/chin support. The pistol grips just fit the rifle and look great but I would consider using somthing a little more ergonomic.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Soldier48 said:
I was just doing some searching online for the Beryl and here are some pics I came across.
I noticed a few of the guys have theirs rigged up into single point sling configuration. The sling over the neck can put alot of strain on your neck especially when wearing a helmet. They have about 15lbs being supported by their neck. Plus that one guy even has NVGs. Man that looks uncomfortable. Definately a posed picture with the gear.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Great Pics Z_recto!

The more I see that rifle the more obsessed I become with getting one.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
chk out the pistol grip front lower handguard.
The vent is cool.
Wonder if the upper can be modified for the bulgy style krink

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Chuck, what do you mean mod the upper for a Bulgie?
You mean make vents in it?

Here are a few more Polish pics I dug up.
Mostly Beryl, but a few AKM(S) pics as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts