AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
That is one beautiful machine. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
l4mbr3tt4 said:
That is one beautiful machine. Congrats.

Thank you, I'm just happy that the ATF finally came trough (9 months). Hopefully I can get after my Khyber Krink soon as well. :twisted:

·
Registered
319 Posts
one of my favorites, nice job :hail:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stottman said:
Neat. Now you need the suppressor.. :eek:
Maybe I could talk a buddy into making a replica can for it but then I'd have to wait another 9 months for ATF approval. :evil:

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Baddass.

Does anyone have any operational history of this weapon? Period of usage? By whom? Etc.

I picked up a copy of "Die MOT-Schützen der NVA von 1956 bis 1990" recently - but I don't believe it had any info on this weapon.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AKSOG said:
It came out awesome! What kind of barrel did you use?
I used a Romy barrel, everything else is DDR, minus the 74ullc receiver.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Beautiful!!

Would love to have one built like that. Did you use a complete kit or did you piece it together?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mojo100 said:
Beautiful!!

Would love to have one built like that. Did you use a complete kit or did you piece it together?
APEX sanatized kit. I did purchase a new EG top cover because I wanted a clean look and filed down the grind marks on the front trunnion in order to clean up the sanatizing a bit.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Where did you get a new EG top cover?

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Beautiful build!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
pogi said:
mojo100 said:
Beautiful!!

APEX sanatized kit. I did purchase a new EG top cover because I wanted a clean look and filed down the grind marks on the front trunnion in order to clean up the sanatizing a bit.
Forgot to ask .. what GT did you use? Did you modify the existing one to shorten it or did you use something else?

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Ol'Sarge2K said:
Baddass.

Does anyone have any operational history of this weapon? Period of usage? By whom? Etc.

I picked up a copy of "Die MOT-Schützen der NVA von 1956 bis 1990" recently - but I don't believe it had any info on this weapon.
From my understanding .. These were never in NVA service, but the Stasi had a few. Sorry, don't have any product years. Wish I knew. Maybe Steve, MPiKM-72, or some of the other more knowledgeable members will chime in.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mojo100 said:
Forgot to ask .. what GT did you use? Did you modify the existing one to shorten it or did you use something else?
I used the EG GT that came with the kit and had it cut down. I sent the barrel to pat (restoresit1) for population and he took care of all the modifications (cut barrel to length, built barrel, shortened gas tube, and head spaced). Pat does great work.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
mojo100 said:
Ol'Sarge2K said:
Baddass.

From my understanding .. These were never in NVA service, but the Stasi had a few. Sorry, don't have any product years. Wish I knew. Maybe Steve, MPiKM-72, or some of the other more knowledgeable members will chime in.
That's something. Thanks Brother!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts