AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been of legal drinking age now for a few years, and although i used to get my kicks with cheap hard liquor, i find that i sort of enjoy being upright, and somewhat coherent. being as i have a wee problem with over indulgence, in the last few months, i have acquired a taste for beer.

basically i believe i am a beer snob :eek: , and i don't have enough time or money to try every beer on the market, i am looking for your recommendations.

oh, and extra points if its from the PNW, i love drinkin' local brews.

i'll get things rolling.........

who doesn't like heineken, best part is taking that first cool sip after a long day at work.....

good on its own or with a meal, and probably my favorite so far.......

please no busch,o.e.,211. i am looking for beer that when you took the first drink you said "DAMN, THATS GOOD BEER" :wink:

·
Registered
418 Posts
2 words of advice,

1. If is not german, it is not beer (see my avatar)

2. TIP YOUR BARTENDER!!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
hmm beers that make me say, damn thats a good beer, here are a few

From left to right if the compression makes it hard to read.
La Gauloise blond
La binchoise brute
chimay Grande Reserver
Blanch de Namur
Leffe Tripple
Leffe Radicous

also from left to right
Grimbergen Blond
Grimbergen Doubble bock
Maredsous blonde #6
Maredsous blonde #8
Maredsous triple #10
La Binchoise blonde

I love the fact that i moved to Germany, and am only an hour from Belgium and have great beers at just about every store.

I used to like Heineken, but once i had it in Amsterdamn i dont drink it anywhere else, that beer just does not travel well, just like most Irish beers. Just keep in mind that the best beers are from the Czech Republic, mostly from the Pilsner area :D yes i know the above beers are mostly belgium and french, yes the french make a good beer.

this is me with german beers :(

***EDIT***

just noticed in the pic i have a copy of strange brew in the background, I think its funny.

***EDIT***

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
ffib said:
2 words of advice,

1. If is not german, it is not beer (see my avatar)

2. TIP YOUR BARTENDER!!!!!
Belgium beer is better in my opinon! Been to both countries for a while and I may be a snob but the Belg stuff was better! They are both good don't get me wrong but I think the 2000 year old stuff is the best!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Drinking one now! Sorry for such a biased opinion but I go to Amsterdam at least 1 time a year on a regular basis and drink lots of different beers! Brussels was the best!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

T

PS- Sorry I am drunk off my ass!

·
Registered
21,882 Posts
I really miss Dragon Stout.

the only beer I could stand and that's even before mah drinkin' age.....

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like my hefeweizens but more expensive to get here. Yuengling is a great lager, I am from Western Pennsylvania and didn't know about Yuengling until the mid 90s.

Guy

·
Super Moderator
25,849 Posts

:grin: :hail: :dance:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Kenelm52 said:
:mrgreen:
Ha!

I was at a party last night and the host actually told people to bring PBR and quite a few people did!

I brought a six pack of Land Shark and it was pretty good but there were a lot of good beers (besides the PBR) there to sample.

Needless to say that when I woke up this morning I felt like this: :zombie:

·
Registered
839 Posts
jr1092 said:
the only beer I drink
Hell yeah! I totally dig Yuengling.. But Their "light" offerings are horrible! It really sucks that as soon as you travel about 2 states away from PA you have a snowballs chance in hell in getting hold of any Yuengling at all.. :sad:

Some others that I like are :

Harp

Killian's red

And a few Sam Adams offerings..

I do and will drink the "lesser" Beers out there , (Mostly Budweiser's stuff...)

But I really miss the Beer in PA....

--->APB

·
Registered
519 Posts
Caddy...You've got it bro...I used to be a Guinness snob and drank it ever chance I could, one day a friend brought me a sixer of Black Butte and I've never looked back...If I were over where they pulled it up from the cellar I'd be drinkin Guinness, but over here I'll take Black Butte, or if I can find it Obsidian, made by the same Deschuttes brewery. I usually drink Heineken in the warmer days, and darks when its cooler, I don't drink nearly what I used to, therefore can afford to drink what I like and I like Heineken and its one few beers my wife likes, she clears the head off my darks. Just found one of the few beers I like more than Heineken, Stella Artois...those folks have been brewing it since 1366 and its a killer beer, a little more spendy but worth it for a treat. This is one of the main beers of the company Imbev that just bought out Bud, with any luck they'll be converting a factory or two over to producing a beer that doesn't taste like soda pop.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Leinenkugels, Berry Weiss, Summer Shandy and Sunset Wheat
are my Favorites.
An assortment Point brews, Fat Tire, Shiner Bock and Shiner Blonde
usually are all stocked in the garage fridge.

Off to cut the lawn now, and then have a few cold ones as a reward... :grin:

KyAKGuy

1 - 20 of 54 Posts