·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DELETE FACEBOOK
DELETE TWITTER
DELETE INSTAGRAM

DELETE ALL OF IT!

These people hate us and if you are using, no, if you even have an account, you are giving these asshats tons of money to take away your rights. It’s already happening and we need to declaw these threats. They have political power because they have MONEY. Don’t be part of the problem, delete that shit if you haven’t already. You don’t need it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I only use youtube other than this and another forum. never twitter or facebook or the rest. I never cared to be a self promoter and that's what those platforms represented to me. I like youtube to look for independant news info and just in general but in the past couple of days I have avoided any of my ususal political commentators I watch.
it was literally making me angrier. I was telling my wife that i can't go into public places currently without getting hot under the collar at innocent people. No I haven't turned into a karen. financially is the only way I can hurt them but it's a miniscule fraction of a drop iin the bucket. the sheople will still participate in the censorship due to the platforms, all of them, addictive algorithyms. I am less worked up without it but also feel less informed of the bigger picture.
Let's see, can't trust the govt. now, can't trust the mainstreanm media including social media, and the internet is crack for most people. Is this the progress we have been striving for as a species?

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
I contacted a friend who is an IT employee with the IRS and asked if he had seen or heard anything about the AR15.com censorship and gun industry in general.

His reply which was openly hostile was I am a fear monger and private companies can do what ever they want.

Deleted him from my contacts.

Been doing a lot of that the last couple years

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I watch videos and comment on Youtube. I am a contributor to a site that shares railroad photos. That is pretty such it. Seems to me a lot of people who use social media want to be famous for the constant crap they post. I like my privacy so I don't use them. My mom thinks Facebook should be banned because people use it to spread rumors.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Preaching to the choir here but from personal experience (someone close to my family) very little good, and mostly EVIL is produced by social media.

However - private companies can and should be able to do what they want internally - unless they don't bake a wedding cake for a gay couple. Eliminate double standard please - Divided we fall is right.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
The only one of those I had, was FB. I was pretty hooked on it, but this latest round of crap about them blocking Trump and anything they don't agree with, was the nail in the coffin for me. I de-activated my account 2 days ago. Old Fuckerberg can kiss my ass.

·
Registered
52 Posts
divided we fall
Alternative?
United, we enchain our brothers?

Atm it's only you guys in the US, but this crap for sure as hell will swap over the pond within the next two to three years.

If s really htf, I suggest you pick a side rather than dig yourself in - as you may not like the color of the new daylight once the dust settles.

You can run - but you can never hide.

Then again, I hope the west can find a way out of this situation.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I deactivated Facebook a few months ago. Deactivated Twitter since they deactivated the only account I followed.

Only thing I miss is the Facebook marketplace.

·
Super Moderator
25,987 Posts
I contacted a friend who is an IT employee with the IRS and asked if he had seen or heard anything about the AR15.com censorship and gun industry in general.

His reply which was openly hostile was I am a fear monger and private companies can do what ever they want.

Deleted him from my contacts.

Been doing a lot of that the last couple years
I guess that means you can openly have a "Whites Only" sign, or no gays allowed now?

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
477 Posts
The beauty of this is as Gen Flynn is saying "we are now citizen journalists". Meaning we are creating platforms of communicating using information from established credible sources outside mainstream media which is slowing the wheels of corporate media. They basically took a swipe at it's listeners and broke the glass into millions of pieces and now those millions of pieces will be reporting on things on the ground as they happen with everyone taking videos. What a fantastic world. It seems the harder these morons push, they punch holes into their own boat. Half a country with their half of lies will begin to strangle itself.

·
Super Moderator
25,987 Posts
The best way to personally combat this current encroachment is surprisingly easy, just stop participating entirely. By that, I mean don't go see those "woke" movies and other shit that Hollyweird is shitting out, get rid of your cable TV, and stop patronizing the places like Amazon and Wallmart and instead focus more locally if you can do it. Stop watching the NFL and the NBA and re-discover your personal connection with family and friends.

·
Super Moderator
25,987 Posts
The beauty of this is as Gen Flynn is saying "we are now citizen journalists". Meaning we are creating platforms of communicating using information from established credible sources outside mainstream media which is slowing the wheels of corporate media. They basically took a swipe at it's listeners and broke the glass into millions of pieces and now those millions of pieces will be reporting on things on the ground as they happen with everyone taking videos. What a fantastic world. It seems the harder these morons push, they punch holes into their own boat. Half a country with their half of lies will begin to strangle itself.
I'd like to see him run on a ticket someday,

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
951 Posts
Have never joined a social(ist) media site. Only times I ever had a cell phone was during the month after relocating from California (brother gave me a spare). A few years later bought the cheapest Trac-Phone for a cross-country trip and tossed it when the 30 day limit was reached. Bought very little from Amazon so decided to terminate my account. Took well over a hour just to find out how to do it and then go about it...only to be informed by "live chat" they could not close my account but would send a email by next day with the instructions... which finally got me out of the maze! Yesterday I received the "Economic Impact Payment" from Uncle Sam...in the form of a POS MetaBank debit card loaded with $600.00. Had to create an account, call to activate the thing, and screw around to get routing info in order to funnel the entire amount into my Credit Union savings account...what a PITA! Wonder how much more money the government wasted doing it that way instead of printing a simple check...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts