AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This young mother in this story Jamie, was a classmate of my son, her husband was a SGT 1st class in the Indiana Nat. Guard and a professional photographer. He was gunned down by 2 useless vermin, a family destroyed for nothing.

The article says he was armed but sounds like he didn't get a chance to use his weapon.

Brothers arrested for west Indianapolis Craigslist murder - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
We had few CL robberies in our area (NW Indiana). Thugs post stuff for sale cheap on CL, unsuspected buyer meets them with cash and gets robbed on gunpoint.

The meet point was always in bad areas of town. One guy meets you and while talking to you, two or three other armed bad guys come out from behind.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The meet point was always in bad areas of town. One guy meets you and while talking to you, two or three other armed bad guys come out from behind.
Sounds like a more intense form of the Knockout Game. If going into such an area plan for backup before leaving home!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to family he knew it was not the best area so he made the meet up during daylight hours... 4pm in the Apt. parking lot and took his handgun....guess he thought he was prepared, turns out he wasn't. As other's stated probably best to go with a wheelman into such a situation.

I know I sold a couple items to folks on Armslist and met up with them in Indy and it does get the hairs up on your neck when meeting up to exchange arms and money with a stranger off the internet. I always made sure it was a very public place in a better area of town but still not a activity that scores high on the comfort list.....sad state of affairs that we have to be so guarded due to these asshats.

Whatever you do be cautious on meeting people at your home lest you become victim to a home invasion scenario, I sold some furniture and of course the people had to come to the house to get it. It of course turned out alright butI would never let somebody meet me at my home to buy or sell a firearm, asking to get robbed then or later if certain people are aware you have firearms.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I always meet in public places and ALWAYS go armed. Anything thats above X amount I always bring another person along.

·
Registered
826 Posts
This happened here in Nashville at a upscale shopping center that we go to frequently. A 30 year old OEF veteran had a few pistols for sale on Craigslist, met the buyers at the shopping center and got murdered. The big Police Station in West Nashville is literally 300 yards away from the scene.

Reward offered in fatal shooting at Nashville West - WSMV Channel 4

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Just not worth the discounts or whatever. I've never used craigs list for anything other than to find apartments for rent.

I've accompanied my friend on a FTF rifle trade though that was setup online. When we met in the parking lot, I stood a good enough distance away/to the side of them and had a smoke. Figured that way, if anything funny happened, it would be very difficult for him to engage more than one of us at a time. Like others said though, I think meeting in an appropriate public place is crucial.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I guess this shows that some sort of armor might be a good idea if you want to do these types of deals in certain areas. Luckily, I haven't had any issues selling or buying things on craigslist, but it also depends on what is being bought/sold.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my area; if it say's located in Detroit........ it is going to stay in Detroit. No one in their right mind would meet anyone there.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts

·
Banned
1,635 Posts
I grew-up in a black area of Philly, PA and my advice is to stay the hell out of black ghettos. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I watched a guy buy a handicam (2000- 0) They were a hot item then. It was sealed up in the box with plastic clear wrap . T on thehe guy had 5 or 6 of them. One open and working out of the box. I passed on them............ he got one and the guy left. When he opened the box it had a broken brick in th box. :) If its sound to good to be true welllllllllllll you know what they say.

·
Registered
405 Posts
If everything is on the level, I'd see no problem meeting up for a sale at the local cop shop.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts