AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was the type 1 or Legend bayo ever used on the AKM's or were they used primarily on the milled rifles?Thanks for the time and info. :mad: Mad Max son of Madtechcool :cool:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Madtechcool said:
Was the type 1 or Legend bayo ever used on the AKM's or were they used primarily on the milled rifles?Thanks for the time and info. :mad: Mad Max son of Madtechcool :cool:
No, the type 47 bayonet will not fit anything but the AK-47, will not fit the AKM......The type 1 was the first one to fit the AKM. China made a type 81 that would fit the AKM, and they only made the Type 2 (AKM/AK-74) wire cutter type for the Dragunov rifle. All the AKM Type 2 bayonets they made (with no wire cutter) were for export as far as I know.

Chinese Type 2 NDM-86 wirecutter...............
(top one has a mistake on the tag, I forgot to change it)

All variations of Chinese bayonets................

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
With the chinese there is always exceptions to the rule. I have stamped 56 that a first generation fits on and also on my poly sidefolders.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Yeah it seemed they made their "AKMs" with the AK47 front ends to work with the 1st gen bayonet.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bayo and Debanning

We plan to deban a Mak 90 and have the type 1 bayo and type 2 bayo without the wirecutter. When we do this job we are wondering what would be the correct way to do this job and make it look as original as possible. We've got all the parts from the gas blocks to the correct sight bases to do the job either way. Gimme some ideas on what you guys would do as far as which bayo setup to use. Thanks guys and give it your all. :mad: Mad Max son of Madtechcool :cool:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I would make it look as close as possible to the picture above unless you plan on putting on a under-folder. :cool:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
sasm7,
Is that pic a Norinco?

I posted another thread about bayos, and the few replies left me thinking that only Polytechs have the UF bayo, and all the Norincos have knife-type bayos. So my preban Poly UF has the UF bayo, and I too am debanning a MAK. I have a set of beautiful blond wood on the MAK right now, but the lower HG is slotted for an UF bayo. So, based on all this info, I guess I need to replace this HG, and find a new gasblock and front sight for a knife-type bayo, and a bayo.

Yes, no, maybe????????? :shock:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
It is a Norinco, odd one though, stamped Norinco, MFG 386. It has the appearance of a polytech, copper color hammer & a T-3 barrel & gas block.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which Bayo Set-up

MrKrink said:
I would make it look as close as possible to the picture above unless you plan on putting on a under-folder. :cool:

Ya'll done decided for me. I agree about sasm7's weapon. That's the way that it'll be done. The gas block and front sight base we have for that set-up are brand new parts not even the pin holes drilled yet and the bayo that we have is as perfect as perfect can be. Oh, and it will be a full stock rifle. We just never were into the under-folders to much even though a lot of guys like 'em. The rifle that we have is a Norinco and we've got a beautiful set of Norinco wood although dad is the biggest fan of the fat, checkered grips. We do have the smooth grip but it can be saved for another day, another rifle. I thank all of you for the facts and ideas as I'm trying to get this squared away for when dad gets out of the hospital and we can get crankin' on it. We've already done one Mak, Norinco, with a NIW underfolding bayo, Polytech wood set, raw wood as it came from Polytech and of course the fat checkered grip. Threaded the barrel, slant brake, and dad did a cold blue job from the rear sight base to the break and it matches the receiver like it was never touched before. If it wasn't for the Mak 90 stamped into it, it would fool a lot of people as being a pre-ban. When this other rifle is finished we'll try to get pics up some how and try for some opinions good or bad. Again I thank ya'll and sasm7, you have a beautiful weapon there, thanks for the pics and hope ya'll have a good one. :mad: Mad Max son of Madtechcool :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts