AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my hands on some barrels that are for milled receivers with the breech end being threaded. From what few markings I could find, these barrels are either Polish Combloc, Bulgarian, or Russian production, but a buddy of mine that sold them to me insists that they’re Russian, and that they’re pre-ban production. Anyone know anything about these markings?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know Russians stamped the numbers in columns to show headspace readings, but not many of the other markings are common with Russian production stamps.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Got a pic of the muzzle end showing the crown and down into the barrel?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
don't think these are euro barrels at all. might be *****. some of those stamps for sure not Cyrillic or Latin alphabet

·
Registered
788 Posts
Some of those proofs look similar to what I have seen on Polish parts like the parentheses with the dots in between. However, I believe there are less dots on the examples I have seen.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
All Polish, no doubt whatsoever. Those are old guild stamps, the tradition goes back hundreds of years to the Hanseatic League.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The numbers are the size of front site, gas block, and receiver thread diameters. If you look at the drawings these size groups are specified.
Several years ago a load of Tula AKM kits came in with size 3 front trunnions which was a larger size than US barrel makers made at the time. Some people put a very light knurl to get the correct fit.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have 3 of the hardwood 1958 Polish kbk “N” model kits from Apex. Apex is now out of stock on the hardwood versions.

I would be willing to trade off a kit but I need 2 barrels. Feel free to PM me if interested.

All 3 kits are still sealed in plastic from Apex, hard to believe I still haven’t opened them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts