AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can buy a 14x1 LH threading Kit.

I E-mailed Dyna systems two different times and have not heard back from them so I guess there not interested in my buisness. I thought Brownell's sold them but I can't find any on their web site.

I know I could rent one off the EE from WJM but I wanna do the barrel when I get time and not be rushed into it.

G

·
Brownells does sell them but their website is hard to find things on. If you are just going to do a rifle or two that you have in your possession then you might want to rent a kit from WJM who posts on most of the sites. It takes about 15-20 minutes.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5735&title=AK+MUZZLE+BRAKE

You most likely will need all three parts to the kit. The die stock/handle is one not readily available local to me as the die didn't just drop into easily available handles. Might be a round die stock.

246-199-005
14mm-1.0 LH Die $42.00

246-199-006
Thread Alignment Tool $14.50

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=6881&title=DIE+STOCK

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mak! I think I'll hold off on the Brownell's parts they seem a little more expensive than the Dyna Kit. I figured I could sell the kit on the EE when I was done with it and it would be about the same price as renting one. I'll probally just rent one from WJM if I can't find one on the EE anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
You are correct in needing a handle. I do auto repair, so I already have a handle. That would be a consideration in pricing, that could be an addition $25 if purchased at a hardware store. The die I have is round with a set screw hole, and it is a fairly large, requiring a larger handle than most.

G

·
Yeah, you have to have a handle, the one I got from Brownells I can't find on the site but you would have to know the diameter of the die. If it is 2" or less then it would be 325-100-186 2" Die Stock $13.26 at Brownells.

That is why I said the one from WJM would be you best deal at $20.00 or so with priority return shipping. You want to do it in your own time and not be rushed but it only takes 15 minutes.

The best way I have found if it is a SAR-1 is to take the crosspins out and move the FSB back or remove it, I just moved it back. Put the thread alignment tool in the barrel with liberal oil on the shank. Put cutting oil on the barrel and threads of the TAT. Start the die down the TAT. When it starts cutting the threads I backed it off every 1/4 turn to clear the die of shavings. I dump a bit more oil into the die. Lots of lube. Continue in this way until the threads are cut flush to where the front of the FSB will be when you pin it back in place. I may have cut a bit under the FSB.

Put the detent plunger and spring in and secure them in place with the front crosspin. Clean up any shavings, put your correct muzzle device on. Clean WJM's threading tools and ship out the next morning.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Go with Brownell's. I bought a dyna kit, took two months of repeated calls to get it. They charged me right away though. The first time I used it, the die broke in two! They refused to replace it. Basically told me to piss off, I did not how to use a die. :roll:
I ended up buying Brownell's and have used it several times and it is currently out on loan. I used Bownell's cutting oil with it. Works like a champ.
I normally do not cast aspersions on a company or product unless they treat you badly and do not stand behind their product/services, you know, only if they really suck. :razz:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I jumped on the DPH arms one to fast, already ordered it. I'll make it work and I might be able to get a handle from my father inlaw he's a union steamfitter and does that kind of work, if not I'll get one somewhere.

Screw Dyna Systems with IronBack's bad experiance and my two unanswered e-mails.

I work third shift with no schedule at a steel mill and usually it takes me days to get around to doing something I wanna do thats the reason I didn't wan't to rent one off of the board.

Mak, Dutchkma, IronBack, thanks for all the research and help!

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
we already have a guy who writes thick walls of text with no caps and no punctuation and all kinds of hey whats obama up to now random stuff interjected into it i remember when i could get those for half that price wish id got them all country going to hell in a handbasket and all

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I am in need of a barrel for a saiga iz132z i have a branb new gun never shot and cant get a barrel do to obama stopping the inport of russian guns and parts no one has a barrel not even the supplier so bewear i am out 1000.00 dollars because it looked so easy they are al differant my cap was part of my sight plus i wanted a bayonet now i have nothing cause i sold my other one going to have to buy a other one till i find a barrel
brainfullof.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.