AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 3 M70 barrels in pretty good shape. This one has a fairly odd set of rings around the inside, right about under where the sight post was. It looks further in because of the focus, I think. Might this have been the result of the post being too tight and more importantly, is this still ok for a build? It still passes the bullet test like a champ and looks to have some fine, sharp rifling.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Check it carefully. It looks like where a squib round stopped and was struck by a second fired bullet. It is possible that it being under the front sight is what kept the barrel from deforming, and past the gas port to allow the overpressure to bleed off without damaging the barrel. It is possible the rest of the rifle sustained damage by the overpressure, but in your case, that isn't an issue.

Run a wet patch through it and see if as you pull it through, the feel changes as the patch passes that area.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I felt no difference with the patch nor feeling along the outside. I guess I'm just take it to my local builder to see what he thinks. Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts