AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When filling out the Form 1, does the barrel length and overall length have to be exact?
Example: Krinkov barrel, 210 mm = 8.26772 in

Do you use the exact size in inches, round up/down, or does it matter?

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
As far as I know, the ATF has not answered this question. I round down to the nearest half inch and have never been disapproved.

In regard to the barrel and overall lengths, take an actual measurement if possible. For the barrel, the length is measured from the face of the bolt to the end of the barrel (removable muzzle attachments are excluded). When I measured my Bulgarian krink kit, I closed the bolt in the trunnion, put a cleaning rod down the barrel, marked the cleaning rod, and measured the length. I don't remember exactly what it was, but what you'll find is that the measured barrel length usually isn't the same as the published barrel length. When calculating overall length, I mock up all the parts out on the floor with the buttstock fully extended and make the best measurement I can.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
You're being far too precise going to two decimal places. You should be able to measure multiple times and get the exact same length. If another person measures, they should be able to get the exact same length. This just isn't going to happen when you're measuring to two decimal places.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is the overall length measured with the removable flash suppressor removed?

The overall book length for an M92 Krinkov is 31.5 inches, but I can only get close to that by including the flash suppressor. If I measure to the end of the bare barrel, as you would for the barrel length, I come up with 28.78 inches.

·
Registered
168 Posts
On this note, for an AR lower would you only be able to have one upper? So I couldn't use my 7.5" and 10" upper?

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
On this note, for an AR lower would you only be able to have one upper? So I couldn't use my 7.5" and 10" upper?
You can use multiple uppers. The length on the form should be used for the "most" used one, though I would probably just put the shortest one on the form but it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Just wanted to post an update, my form 1 was approved with the 2 decimal places.
Did you file at the beginning of November and it only took four months to get the stamp?

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Wow, that's great news. I hope this is a trend and not an exception.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I just had a form 4 submitted in March of 13 approved in February of 14. I called after the approval to ask about another form 4 I submitted in October of 13. They said the form would be approved in September. Moral of the story is E-file. Hell, I could cancel my submission and E-file and I would get it back before September. Kinda ridiculous really.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hey guys, I have a question about my Form 1....

Overall length, is this the shortest possible length the rifle can be? (Stock folded) or
Is OL the longest possible length, end of barrel to end of extended stock?

I have Trust finalized and I'm filling out my Form 1 now... Very excited! I wish I could E-File but I have Windows 7..

I would like to run other thing by you guys. On box 7-8 Signature of Applicant and Name and Title of Corporation. If I am reading my instructions from my lawyer correctly, he just says to sign these two boxes as "Trustee".... Now I don't know if he means to be sure and add "Trustee" after I sign my name or if he literally means just sign "Trustee".... What have yall done here?

Thank you

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Overall length, is this the shortest possible length the rifle can be? (Stock folded) or
Is OL the longest possible length, end of barrel to end of extended stock?
The OL is the length with the stock unfolded measured parallel with the bore. Do not include removable muzzle attachments.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts