AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the AR nuts are going to be scooping up our 5.45.....Theres a few uppers out there now and S&W is making a 5.45 AR

Bastards!!

Why can't these guys go find 10-20 million rnds of 223 in a mudhut somewhere?

The only consolation is most of them are petrified of corrosive ammo. We might start thinking about putting these stickers on the 7N6

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Re: Bad news for 5.45

Robpiat said:
All the AR nuts are going to be scooping up our 5.45.....Theres a few uppers out there now and S&W is making a 5.45 AR

Bastards!!

The only consolation is most of them are petrified of corrosive ammo. We might start thinking about putting these stickers on the 7N6

:evil: Dude, you scared the CRAP out of me with your thread title! I thought they were banning the import of Russian 5.45 or something!!!

:doh:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Look on the bright side, now GT non-corrosive and "other-than-70 gr. Wolf" will be imported to meet the demand. This is good for us, not bad.

M_P

·
Registered
446 Posts
i agree lets all start a rumor that all 5.45 is corosive. you know the ar crowd beleives everything they see on the net. :lol:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Re: Bad news for 5.45

Blanco_Diablo said:
Robpiat said:

Bastards!!

:evil: Dude, you scared the CRAP out of me with your thread title! I thought they were banning the import of Russian 5.45 or something!!!

:doh:
I nearly crapped myself too because I was just thinking about getting one next year.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I called a local gun shop today to see if they were still selling Bulgy crates for $225 otd and the asshole owner jacked the price per crate to $335 just becayuse the 4.45 ARs came out. He said he already sold 5 ARs this past week!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
The Surplus 5.45 is corrosive,........................those Guy's won't buy it :wink:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have 16k of non corrosive anyway plus 3240 of Bulgy corrosive- I really didnt need another crate.... :50cal:

·
Registered
446 Posts
ahh man this sucks. i put like 150 rounds through my new 5.45 upper and that CORROSIVE 5.45 stuff like melted the bolt face and like eroded the rifling out of the barrel and like froze up the fire control group and like pluged up the gas tube. shucks. :wink:

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
man that sucks. guess i better speed my ammo buying plan up :sad:

these stupid ar guys ruin it for everyone. you love the 5.56 so much, dont come bitchin when its near 40 cents a round to shoot! this stuff is going to go the way of 54r... cheap, cheap, cheap.... GONE

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
fullautotogo said:
ahh man this sucks. i put like 150 rounds through my new 5.45 upper and that CORROSIVE 5.45 stuff like melted the bolt face and like eroded the rifling out of the barrel and like froze up the fire control group and like pluged up the gas tube. shucks. :wink:
:hail: :hail:

yeah, my friend had the same thing happen!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
catsailer40 said:

these stupid ar guys ruin it for everyone. you love the 5.56 so much, dont come bitchin when its near 40 cents a round to shoot! this stuff is going to go the way of 54r... cheap, cheap, cheap.... GONE
cheap 39, 54, 8mm days are gone and they ain't comin' back. that's the problem with surplus.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
WhiteRabbit said:
catsailer40 said:

cheap 39, 54, 8mm days are gone and they ain't comin' back. that's the problem with surplus.
yeah but we dont need no stinkin ar guys speeding it up!

no offense to them personally, but i just really dislike the ar, and the entire platform.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
these stupid ar guys...
Careful - there's a lot of us Kalashnikov guys that also enjoy the AR platform. Blame the R&D and Marketing departments of Smith&Wesson. :wink:

Those "stinkin' AR guys" as it was put so elequently could also throw the same stones because some knucklehead wanted to have some Kalashnikov variants chambered in 5.56mm thereby ruining it for the AR folks that also kept to themselves. :eek:

It can go both ways - it's just the Growing Cycle of the Weapon. These things are expected to happen. The blame should go toward the ammunition companies jacking the prices up to profit more off everyone.

·
Banned
344 Posts
Robpiat said:

Bastards!!

:lol: I thought everyone was aware of this, all the AR forums have been
Buzzing with this news all over, and in general those AR boys are ecstatic
over this news! Since the price of their 5.56 has been going up, and they all are talking about hoarding up on the 5.45 asap, so there might be a shortage in a week or two! :roll: :lol: :roflmao:

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
rayman1 said:
these stupid ar guys...
Careful - there's a lot of us Kalashnikov guys that also enjoy the AR platform. Blame the R&D and Marketing departments of Smith&Wesson. :wink:

Those "stinkin' AR guys" as it was put so elequently could also throw the same stones because some knucklehead wanted to have some Kalashnikov variants chambered in 5.56mm thereby ruining it for the AR folks that also kept to themselves. :eek:

It can go both ways - it's just the Growing Cycle of the Weapon. These things are expected to happen. The blame should go toward the ammunition companies jacking the prices up to profit more off everyone.
i didnt mean it personally... its just i get a little ticked when they get mad, because the weapon they love's ammo shoots up. dont come stealing all the cheap surplus, then go back to shooting 5.56! i dont like 5.56 at all.

if i had gotten the 20-30k rounds i should have when it first hit, i MIGHT be ok. but i am just getting into ak74's and this has me bummed!

i dont like 5.56 ak's either.

·
Registered
446 Posts
vz58kid said:
Robpiat said:

Bastards!!

:lol: I thought everyone was aware of this, all the AR forums have been
Buzzing with this news all over, and in general those AR boys are ecstatic
over this news! Since the price of their 5.56 has been going up, and they all are talking about hoarding up on the 5.45 asap, so there might be a shortage in a week or two! :roll: :lol: :roflmao:
:grin: hey it's the emoticon kid! :lol: just :bullshit: man. yeh i've known about this for awhile. olympic screwed up the chinese steel core for us, now s&w is gonna screw up the surplus 5.45. :evil:

·
Banned
698 Posts
Hah, economic sanctions against the russians will dry up all the 5.45 real quick.

It is an ammo that will soon be hard to get and expensive.

·
Banned
344 Posts
s70fan said:
Hah, economic sanctions against the russians will dry up all the 5.45 real quick.

It is an ammo that will soon be hard to get and expensive.
I agree 200% but i am also extremely concerned about all the russ. mil-surp guns also will be banned and when that happens, it will be a catastrophy for the mil-surp market! Any truth to the rumor that FN,Bush,andAUG are considering bringing out their newest guns in 5.45 instead 5.56 due to the much cheaper avail. of the 5.45, thereby increasing their sales? Well they will have to decide soon! :roll:

·
Banned
698 Posts
I think that it is possible that the 545 is poplular enough that there will soon be other sources of ammo, such as expensive American made ammo and other euro boxer primed stuff from prvi and fiocchi.

It will not go away, it just won't be the big bargain that is still just barely is.

The supply of the cheap stuff is finite.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts