AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one with bad luck when it comes to these type of guns... like the Sterling or RPD that just both happen to be Wiselite designs?

Today I took a new-to-me Sterling out and while it was sweet to shoot, there were a few rounds that pulling the trigger just didn't fire, and then when I took it apart, it turns out the firing pin broke. It was not broken when I brought it to the range and was always (to my knowledge) stored with a snap cap just in case. I didn't dry fire either because I'd been warned not to.

I know you're not supposed to dry fire these things, but damn, I get 80 rounds down the pipe and the end of the firing pin is gone! Could it really be a result of pulling the trigger after the bolt closed after the mag was empty (because there is no BHO)? I have an extra one, but really... come on. :(

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I hear alot of mixed reviews on this stuff. Im still working on a sterling build and Im thinking of using a heavier firing pin like from a Mosin or something to try and avoid the broken pin issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts