AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm new to the AK world. Just picked up my first. It's a B-west import. It says Made in China . Serial # is BW 05xx. Imported by B-west. I can't find any like it for sale online. I think these models came in before they had to be stamped by Norinco. Is that correct ? I'm interested if anyone has any info they can share about this rifle. What is an estimated value ?

Thanks.
Taymob IMG_00000287.jpg IMG_00000288.jpg IMG_00000289.jpg

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought if it had BW in the serial it was made by B-West which is bad. The import marking is throwing me off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I gathered online, this version was made in china by Norinco but imported by B-west. They are not marked Norinco because they were imported before the first Bush made it a law that the name of the manufacturer had to be on the weapon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow thats another new one to me theres been so many odd Chinese aks coming out of the woodwork the last few month's. usually the bw in the serial number its was us receiver but your isnt, I believe it to be legit . I have a bwest that has bwest laca china on the bottom so pretty much the same thing just different locations. nice ak tho hopefully you got a good price to go with it

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi All,
I'm new to the AK world. Just picked up my first. It's a B-west import. It says Made in China . Serial # is BW 05xx. Imported by B-west.
B-West: B-West imported weapons as well as manufactured weapons from parts kits. Their imported weapons are perfectly made as they're Norinco or other Chinese arsenal weapons. Their receivers are ones to avoid. They didn't heat treat the guide rails in the receiver, causing much deformation after as little as 2000 rounds. Be sure you're looking at a B-West import and not B-West manufactured guns before you buy.
WipedOut

You might want to then read these

The Gun Zone: B-West's 7.62 X 39mm pistols

Norinco Sporters sold by B-West Imports - AK - [Rifles] - Long Island Firearms

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh it didn't come with any mags, what are the correct mags to get for this model. I know any ak mag will fit, but I mean what would it have come with ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Same importer
My serial number dont have a bw tho just a few numbers . Your is fine tho it says made in China guess they just put it there for their initials there . Yours is the first b west ive seen like that also b west did have some mags and drums with their name on them but it was Arizona importer stamp . Probably just came with regular Chinese flatbacks

·
Registered
22,629 Posts
really rough estimate directly from my southern-rear hemisphere...$1000 to 1200 since it's a double underfolder... the parts alone make it worth that much.

It doesn't have "name brand" appeal that Norinco and Polytech have, but it being a B-west IMPORT rather than having a US receiver won't turn off savvy buyers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks yall!

BigD do you have a link on gunbroker or something to the mags? Would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea but the gsad aks arent name bran eaither and bring big money nothing wrong with bwest jthey were just a importer I have a bakelite one with no bran name but I know its a polytech it has every feature that poly has .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm new to this. How can I tell if the firing pin is spring loaded?

I'll upload some more pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Very nice score and congrats!! Plus thanks for sharing the pics!

Spring loaded firing pin? Easy..... At the back of the bolt, look to see if it has a button shape or a thin line (hard to describe, easy to tell).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts