AK Rifles banner
321 - 328 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdy everyone...nice database...I could use some help. (For some reason it wont let me upload pics) left side of receiver; WUM-1 Romania 0619. right side of receiver near the trunion; 7.62x39. right side of receiver just above the magwell; SARCO (something i cant make out) NJ. The trunion mark is almost unrecognizable...you can almost see a triangle, but thats about it. The only other marking I can find is up near the chamber...I think its just a feed rail with the number 27. Any help with this...been beating up the internet...would be appreciated, as well as adding to the list. Almost all parts have the same 0619 on them except the head of the bolt...ill have to get that later.
Wood Grey Bumper Household hardware Gas
Grey Wood Font Rectangle Close-up
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material
Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel Metal Composite material

update...more pics
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Bicycle part Household hardware Automotive tire Gas Composite material

Automotive tire Tire Bicycle part Rim Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Hand Automotive tire Bicycle part Finger Font

·
Registered
418 Posts
Howdy everyone...nice database...I could use some help. (For some reason it wont let me upload pics) left side of receiver; WUM-1 Romania 0619. right side of receiver near the trunion; 7.62x39. right side of receiver just above the magwell; SARCO (something i cant make out) NJ. The trunion mark is almost unrecognizable...you can almost see a triangle, but thats about it. The only other marking I can find is up near the chamber...I think its just a feed rail with the number 27. Any help with this...been beating up the internet...would be appreciated, as well as adding to the list. Almost all parts have the same 0619 on them except the head of the bolt...ill have to get that later.

update...more pics
What are you needing help with? If it's the arsenal you're after the WUM-1 was made at the Sadu arsenal, not Cugir. So there would be no triangle. Even Cugir dropped the triangle on the trunnion by that point though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was just curious...ive had it for awhile, and as im 1 day away from retiring...and found this forum with all this info...I figured id see if anyone had ideas. Im a history nut, and seeing the millions of flavors of AK rifles peaked my interest. Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Having a hard time finding out the info on this one. would the 20 on the inside mean that it has been restamped after import? the bolt and gas block also match. don’t know if that would help much. thanks!
The 20 isn't part of the serial number. If I had to guess, that's where batch numbers are put. But I have nothing to back up that claim. The serial is a standard new-production WASR export serial. You'll always see the RO lettering for Romania.

321 - 328 of 328 Posts