AK Rifles banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Heard from Atlantic and they are going to send the missing parts via 2 Day Express. I recognize that it may be a little longer given that Black Friday is coming up. I appreciate their willingness to make things right.

Count your pins. Looks like someone did a neat demil so all of the barrel component pins should be in that bag. Springs too.

If you’re going to request missing stuff better to get it all in one list.
Done and done; went through with a fine tooth comb and the only parts missing are those that I previously noted. Good call though.

Parkerized or phosphated parts means that the rifle was refurbished by the facfory or military gunsmith workshop.
Good info! I thought it might be something like that but I wasn't sure.

Inflation is our friend.
Wouldn't you like to build a $3000 AK?
Live in a $3000/mo walk up apartment?
I know I would!
Look on the bright side. This time next year, that'll seem cheap, and you'll be bragging about how you got one of the last imports before the war in SE Europe.

Happy Thanksgiving
Thats sort of why I wanted to get one; I know that the number of surplus AKMs for each country is finite, and that once the kits are gone thats it. I know they made a lot of them but politics can change at any time as well. I missed a lot of the 'good years' it seems and I don't want to pay more for these later.

Looks like the same kits that are being sold on GB. I won 2 of them one is blued matching one has parked and blued parts mismatched.
The mismatched kit was a 1966. I forget the other ones year.
By time you pay all the GB bs they were about 525.00.
It looks exactly like the ones sold on GB , I won four of them for under $420. The ones I got are all 100% matching. I paid too much so $899. is just theft. The GB kits still have the cut barrel and receiver which is much better in my opinion.
I probably should have looked at those more closely. I will keep those in mind for the future.

I understand the crazy appreciation for Russian kits, but the other run-of-the-mill AKMs and such is ridiculous. I see people paying $1150 for cut barreled bulgarian 74's, $900+ for Romy Gs and it really baffles me. Yeah, Im sad when I think about the stuff I missed out on, but then I look at what I have and am grateful because if I started this journey now, Id probably steer clear of AKs. By the time you get that $900 kit built properly you're into Galil Ace, CZ Bren, Aug territory.
I've been saying that since kits were $500. And that was with the OG barrel.
I can appreciate that, but I don't really have a choice but to start the journey now. If I had wanted an Ace, Bren, or Aug I would have bought one of those instead. I missed the cheap years when kits were flooding into the country and no one knew what they really were. Its like when mosins came in; I remember buying mosins for $89 out the door with a spam can of ammo and a full accessory kit. But thats also when no one really knew anything about them. Now there are plenty of books and collectors groups associated with them and even if a glut of them came onto the market again they wouldn't be the same price as before. I see AKMs the same way. Its true that right now there are still kits coming into the country but the market is different. And while I could buy something else for the same price, it wouldn't be a surplus Polish Circle 11 AKM, and that's what I wanted. I recognize that if I had been a bit more patient I could have gotten one on GB for cheaper or gotten one second hand here. But now I know. I'm glad that you have AKs you can look on and be thankful for, but I don't, and folks have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have you built an AK kit or kits before? They are not like assembling an AR. Sometimes you have to improvise to make things come together. Some kits go together fairly easy some take much more work. WIth the current prices of kits in the stratosphere barreled Polish kits in the $1200 plus range things are not always perfect. Sometimes the person doing the demising docent care. You should have built some of the sloppy Romanian kits that were out there. There are many pitfalls to AK building many you have no clue what they are until you try to assemble it. I think you will be hard pressed to find Polish kit for less than $800 in todays market fixed stock kits are harder to find than the UF kits.

You should have given Atlantic a chance to fix the issue before posting here. Most companies will take of the issue and most do not realize there is an issue. Things slip through that they have no control over. Just my two cents...........

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
To be fair i have never gotten a undamaged trigger guard with any polish kit. At least the TG looks og to
the kit. That is small stuff that can be excepted for a 69 refurb. I can understand why you are disappointed,
I believe atlantic should source the missing parts and offer you a new TG.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I received this in a kit I purchased from a well known online vendor. I contacted them and they made it right. Many people are quick to throw the sellers under the bus before giving the seller a chance to make it right.

View attachment 322784
I have given Atlantic a chance to make it right and they are. Good on them; its a win for them. They have been extremely prompt and have provided excellent customer service. Given the experience I've had so far I wouldn't be concerned about buying from them again. I would have documented my experience here either way. I have not seen anyone note what these Polish kits coming from them are like and I'm sure there is someone else out there that would like to know. Before I buy any kit from a vendor I search for reviews - good and bad. I didn't see any reviews for these Polish kits and wanted to provide one for anyone searching.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Maybe you sudda bought a new WASR for not much more ? The price of these sorry kits are for suckers who have to much credit ?

When the Russian ammo dries up in the next year or so AK47 prices are gonna really drop. The allure of the AK has always been a cheap rifle and ammo. Take those two sales drivers away and ? Lucky for me I was in during the glory days. Now I just shake my head at the complete lack of common sense buyers are exhibiting.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
That kit looks way overvalued. I'd be pissed at what you got for the money OP. Hopefully they make it right.

At a single drop of bad press, I knew the blue text type would show up. They must have some dude that hounds the firearm forums.

My experience with them has been good for parts and gear until my last order of three Yugo kits. My kits were in great condition but missing common Yugo parts, pins, bullet guides, bolt parts etc. Things you would expect in a kit. Lesson learned. For me I should have kept Apex or AOA as my go to kit source.

Luckily, I was able to source the missing parts and build my kits into nice firearms like my almost complete Yugo M70AB,

·
Registered
389 Posts
Here's how my kit from GB came.
This is what my kit purchased from GB looks like after a little cleaning. I bought four of them at $400-$420. Some have bid over $500.ea.
All parts are in very good condition and each kit is 100% matching. I did get one top cover with a small crack in the rear corner however it will be fine.
Wood Musical instrument Art Font Metal

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is what my kit purchased from GB looks like after a little cleaning. I bought four of them at $400-$420. Some have bid over $500.ea.
All parts are in very good condition and each kit is 100% matching. I did get one top cover with a small crack in the rear corner however it will be fine.
View attachment 322818
RETRACTED MY BAD

·
Registered
389 Posts
^This^ First of all let me say, "I don't know much about AK's. That's why I came here. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS^^^AND THE ORIGINAL POSTERS? There is a difference and one that makes them cheaper to buy and worth more to sell. And I don't even know if they are from the same country. Comparing apples and oranges. Might as well TROLL Russian AK Prices 🤣
I believe they are from the same batch, it looks like whoever finished the demill on the OP's kit did a shit job. That is the difference! If your a competent builder you know that removing all rivet and pushing out barrel stubs (a lot is learned from this) is as important as reassembly. The OPs kit should still build up nice if done properly.

Reactions: Desertminer

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe they are from the same batch, it looks like whoever finished the demill on the OP's kit did a shit job. That is the difference! If your a competent builder you know that removing all rivet and pushing out barrel stubs (a lot is learned from this) is as important as reassembly. The OPs kit should still build up nice if done properly.
My bad I thought I saw something else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I decided to pick up one of the Circle 11 AKM kits that Atlantic Firearms just got in. Idk what kind of reputation Atlantic Firearms has for their kits but I'm pretty disappointed in the one I got to be honest. For the price of 899 I would say look elsewhere for a cheaper kit, or for a batch of kits that are in better condition. To list my grievances:

All the parts came jumbled in one bag so everything was scratched up; not necessarily on Atlantic Firearms as that's how they were imported but understand the condition that you're getting into and that they aren't in that good of condition. They also have a variety of rust spots and are overall very dirty. The demilling was rather sloppy.

The trigger guard is all bent to hell; I think I will be able to bend it back but I don't believe I should have to

Its missing parts; so far I can tell its missing the stock screws, pistol grip T nut, and pistol grip screw.

Shipping took like 2 weeks, which I would chalk up to the current state of things but nothing else I've ordered recently has taken that long.

What do you all think? Were my expectations too high? Am I the fool for having ordered from them in the first place? For 899 I expected a kit in much better condition that wasn't missing parts. To its credit though, it is an all-numbers-matching kit, which they didn't advertise in their listing. If I were to do it again I would have just ordered one of the kits AOA has. A buddy of mine ordered one of those, so I will get to see the quality difference.

View attachment 322720

View attachment 322721

View attachment 322722

View attachment 322723

View attachment 322724
this is the trigger guard

View attachment 322725

View attachment 322726

View attachment 322727

View attachment 322728
All the parts that have matching numbers
These guys are great to deal with call or email them they will make good on it.Trust me they can’t check every kit they receive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Atlantic should straighten you out OP.

Oh man Im so glad my AK journey is over and has been for years what an odeasey. I dont even have a damned Russian variant , and dont want one. Just a Bulgy, a Pole, Romy, and my holy grail DDR, I just wanted 74s too, no AK-47s or AKMs , I was a 5.45 ADDICT, well I guess ya always are one once bitten by the bug. Although the OG barreled Tantal is subjective though since its essentially an unlicensed 74 copy with some AKM DNA. Tantal and DDR actually have proper working night sights I refurbished the tritium in the Tantal’s myself too

The SLR-104FR is only one I didnt build, the hardest one was of course the DDR MPI-KS-74N to source parts for, The AIMS-74 with its 23mm front end was a PITA too. the current AK world is such now that I wouldn't even start anymore, just wouldnt , just way way to much heartache ,these are all safe queens now. Didnt used to be.

The 4 lonely sisters ,sigh, since I dont want to shoot any of my hoarded 7η6 spam cans , (bought when they were $85 a 1080rd can ,..blow me Barry Soteros) I hate shooting the junk 5.45 that you can find , golden tiger and Branaul aint to bad I guess. With much work I managed to get them built and outfitted with all their bayonets and correct slings & accessories, and 6 of the correct magazines for each and I will never ever give them up, never managed to get a ZFK optic for the DDR though meh hell with it. I may be buried with them to keep my damned sons from fighting over them they already do.

My abvice OP is build ones you want and do it soon like ya said they dont make them anymore. The left has everyone thinking the home builders are supplying ghost guns to hoards of evil active shooter armies by the platoon load …..
Musical instrument Wood Shotgun Reed instrument Drum

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Wood Shotgun
o
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Road surface Bumper

Air gun Wood Trigger Grey Gun barrel

·
Registered
100 Posts
So I decided to pick up one of the Circle 11 AKM kits that Atlantic Firearms just got in. Idk what kind of reputation Atlantic Firearms has for their kits but I'm pretty disappointed in the one I got to be honest. For the price of 899 I would say look elsewhere for a cheaper kit, or for a batch of kits that are in better condition. To list my grievances:

All the parts came jumbled in one bag so everything was scratched up; not necessarily on Atlantic Firearms as that's how they were imported but understand the condition that you're getting into and that they aren't in that good of condition. They also have a variety of rust spots and are overall very dirty. The demilling was rather sloppy.

The trigger guard is all bent to hell; I think I will be able to bend it back but I don't believe I should have to

Its missing parts; so far I can tell its missing the stock screws, pistol grip T nut, and pistol grip screw.

Shipping took like 2 weeks, which I would chalk up to the current state of things but nothing else I've ordered recently has taken that long.

What do you all think? Were my expectations too high? Am I the fool for having ordered from them in the first place? For 899 I expected a kit in much better condition that wasn't missing parts. To its credit though, it is an all-numbers-matching kit, which they didn't advertise in their listing. If I were to do it again I would have just ordered one of the kits AOA has. A buddy of mine ordered one of those, so I will get to see the quality difference.

View attachment 322720

View attachment 322721

View attachment 322722

View attachment 322723

View attachment 322724

View attachment 322725

View attachment 322726

View attachment 322727

View attachment 322728

·
Registered
100 Posts

View attachment 322720

View attachment 322721

View attachment 322722

View attachment 322723

View attachment 322724

View attachment 322725

View attachment 322726

View attachment 322727

View attachment 322728
Yes you are a fool. Stupid to spend $900 on piece of shit foreign crap that you'll spend another grand on to make a still junk AK. You get what you deserve, junk! $900 could have bought you any number of used AK's or a new Riley Defense AK, which would be far better than the shit you received. Sorry but I have to laugh at you idiots that think only a foreign made AK is useable. Are any of you blubber guts actually going into combat with your shit AK's? I doubt it. Seeing video of so many of you that can't fit a plate carrier nor a chest rig because your gut hangs out too far. And yes, I am combat. US Army 22 years, Combat Engineer 12 Bravo (or sapper as some like to call us). let the insults/lame justification begin.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes you are a fool. Stupid to spend $900 on piece of shit foreign crap that you'll spend another grand on to make a still junk AK. You get what you deserve, junk! $900 could have bought you any number of used AK's or a new Riley Defense AK, which would be far better than the shit you received. Sorry but I have to laugh at you idiots that think only a foreign made AK is useable. Are any of you blubber guts actually going into combat with your shit AK's? I doubt it. Seeing video of so many of you that can't fit a plate carrier nor a chest rig because your gut hangs out too far. And yes, I am combat. US Army 22 years, Combat Engineer 12 Bravo (or sapper as some like to call us). let the insults/lame justification begin.
And we wonder why this forum is dying.

Thank you for your service.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts