AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I decided to pick up one of the Circle 11 AKM kits that Atlantic Firearms just got in. Idk what kind of reputation Atlantic Firearms has for their kits but I'm pretty disappointed in the one I got to be honest. For the price of 899 I would say look elsewhere for a cheaper kit, or for a batch of kits that are in better condition. To list my grievances:

All the parts came jumbled in one bag so everything was scratched up; not necessarily on Atlantic Firearms as that's how they were imported but understand the condition that you're getting into and that they aren't in that good of condition. They also have a variety of rust spots and are overall very dirty. The demilling was rather sloppy.
UPDATE: After a very intensive cleaning, most of the marks cleaned up nicely.

The trigger guard is all bent to hell; I think I will be able to bend it back but I don't believe I should have to
UPDATE: Atlantic sent me a new trigger guard, free of charge.

Its missing parts; so far I can tell its missing the stock screws, pistol grip T nut, and pistol grip screw.
UPDATE: Atlantic sent me all the parts I was missing, free of charge.

Shipping took like 2 weeks, which I would chalk up to the current state of things but nothing else I've ordered recently has taken that long.
UPDATE: When shipping the replacement/missing parts they shipped via 2 day shipping. They were very prompt in replying to the message I had sent in.

What do you all think? Were my expectations too high? Am I the fool for having ordered from them in the first place? For 899 I expected a kit in much better condition that wasn't missing parts. To its credit though, it is an all-numbers-matching kit, which they didn't advertise in their listing. If I were to do it again I would have just ordered one of the kits AOA has. A buddy of mine ordered one of those, so I will get to see the quality difference.

UPDATE: Overall I am really happy with the customer service that Atlantic provided. This was my first experience buying from them and given their excellent customer service I would have no concern buying from them in the future.

Wood Artifact Rectangle Antique tool Fashion accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

Wood Sports equipment Wheel Automotive tire Skateboard

Rectangle Composite material Metal Auto part Aluminium

Wood Bumper Tints and shades Flooring Automotive exterior

this is the trigger guard

Gas Composite material Bicycle part Auto part Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Fender Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Bumper Material property Automotive exterior Auto part

Brown Food Tableware Wood Font

All the parts that have matching numbers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Um... I'd be pretty pissed. $899? No. $600? Perhaps...
Yeah like if this kit was between 450-600 I would have thought well yeah ok that makes sense, but for 899 I expect it to be in a lot better condition, and to not have the trigger guard crushed. Ive sent a message to Atlantic Firearms, so ill have to see what they say. I have a feeling they are going to tell me tough luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just a thought. Maybe they would send you another trigger guard and few missing parts. It seems like you were ok with price, or you wouldn't have purchased. You ended up with #match. I would assume you are going to refinish, so unless scratches are deep gouges, that's IMHO part of the game. Unless you are experiencing buyer remorse because you didn't do your research beforehand.

Don't get me wrong. I've been there many times. Try to be reasonable. Yes you have some valid concerns. Please keep us updated with response. It is always good to hear how customer response is. Don't be the guy that only says something when it doesn't go his way. Good luck

·
Registered
124 Posts
Anyone else notice the carrier and bolt? even the rest of the parts, now that I look again...it appears to have been refinished. A 69 polish kit should have been blued with the carrier in the white...this all appears to be very shitty done park. Like maybe these were funky rifles that were redone, then subsequently bought by atlantic for demill and sales here. That said, I think atlantic has always been sketchy and opportunistic, one of the very last places Id spend money. They kinda remind me of Classic with the whole "Hey, we were cleaning the warehouse and found a forgotten box of shitty broken crap that we want to sell you for triple the value."

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Desertminer , If you have any issues with the kit we will be glad to take care of your concerns and will have our office respond to your email today ! Please keep in mind we get in pallet loads of kits etc and are not hand inspecting each kit . Atlantic Firearms has been in business for over 25 years and have a solid reputation of taking care of legitimate issues for customers so no reason to worry. I will also note that these Polish kits did just recently arrive in the US and are from the same shipment that Arms of America offers. We have shipped hundreds of these kits with no complaints thus far but ret assured we will get you taken care of !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Totally unacceptable. Don't let these shitty business practices be tolerated and send it back and request a full refund.
I agree, send it back.
For parts kits I don't believe they accept returns; I'm going to request the parts that are missing and they send a replacement for the trigger guard and see what they say.

Atlantic is good. I suspect they'll refund you, or replace it, without issue.
This is the first time I bought from them, and I hope your right. I understand that kits take work to put together and that you'll need things like a receiver, barrel, rivets, and trigger parts to make it into a gun, but I expect all the actual kit parts to be there.

Just a thought. Maybe they would send you another trigger guard and few missing parts. It seems like you were ok with price, or you wouldn't have purchased. You ended up with #match. I would assume you are going to refinish, so unless scratches are deep gouges, that's IMHO part of the game. Unless you are experiencing buyer remorse because you didn't do your research beforehand.

Don't get me wrong. I've been there many times. Try to be reasonable. Yes you have some valid concerns. Please keep us updated with response. It is always good to hear how customer response is. Don't be the guy that only says something when it doesn't go his way. Good luck
I have already contacted them and let them know I am missing parts. I will see what they have to say. I didn't have an issue with the price, but for the price I expected to get all the parts of the actual kit. As far as the scratching goes I expect the kits have a bit of character which I definitely prefer (and the reason I don't buy new made AKs) but this was a bit more than I expected. I do believe Ill be able to correct it, but it was a bit disappointing when opening up the box. I am happy that I got a numbers matching kit.

Anyone else notice the carrier and bolt? even the rest of the parts, now that I look again...it appears to have been refinished. A 69 polish kit should have been blued with the carrier in the white...this all appears to be very shitty done park. Like maybe these were funky rifles that were redone, then subsequently bought by atlantic for demill and sales here. That said, I think atlantic has always been sketchy and opportunistic, one of the very last places Id spend money. They kinda remind me of Classic with the whole "Hey, we were cleaning the warehouse and found a forgotten box of shitty broken crap that we want to sell you for triple the value."
Yeah the metal exterior parts are parkerized, but since this is a 69 kit that might be correct for it. The way I understand it is that Poland went from a blued to painted finish in 69-70, and that they may have parkerized the guns before painting. I'm no expert so I could be totally wrong, but the finish doesn't bother me given that its in a transitional year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Desertminer , If you have any issues with the kit we will be glad to take care of your concerns and will have our office respond to your email today ! Please keep in mind we get in pallet loads of kits etc and are not hand inspecting each kit . Atlantic Firearms has been in business for over 25 years and have a solid reputation of taking care of legitimate issues for customers so no reason to worry. I will also note that these Polish kits did just recently arrive in the US and are from the same shipment that Arms of America offers. We have shipped hundreds of these kits with no complaints thus far but ret assured we will get you taken care of !
I appreciate your reply; my concerns mainly lie with the missing parts and the bent trigger guard. I sent you guys a message on your contact form on the website.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Parkerized or phosphated parts means that the rifle was refurbished by the facfory or military gunsmith workshop.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Inflation is our friend.
Wouldn't you like to build a $3000 AK?
Live in a $3000/mo walk up apartment?
I know I would!
Look on the bright side. This time next year, that'll seem cheap, and you'll be bragging about how you got one of the last imports before the war in SE Europe.

Happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I understand the crazy appreciation for Russian kits, but the other run-of-the-mill AKMs and such is ridiculous. I see people paying $1150 for cut barreled bulgarian 74's, $900+ for Romy Gs and it really baffles me. Yeah, Im sad when I think about the stuff I missed out on, but then I look at what I have and am grateful because if I started this journey now, Id probably steer clear of AKs. By the time you get that $900 kit built properly you're into Galil Ace, CZ Bren, Aug territory.

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
I understand the crazy appreciation for Russian kits, but the other run-of-the-mill AKMs and such is ridiculous. I see people paying $1150 for cut barreled bulgarian 74's, $900+ for Romy Gs and it really baffles me. Yeah, Im sad when I think about the stuff I missed out on, but then I look at what I have and am grateful because if I started this journey now, Id probably steer clear of AKs. By the time you get that $900 kit built properly you're into Galil Ace, CZ Bren, Aug territory.
I've been saying that since kits were $500. And that was with the OG barrel.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Looks like the same kits that are being sold on GB. I won 2 of them one is blued matching one has parked and blued parts mismatched.
The mismatched kit was a 1966. I forget the other ones year.
By time you pay all the GB bs they were about 525.00.
It looks exactly like the ones sold on GB , I won four of them for under $420. The ones I got are all 100% matching. I paid too much so $899. is just theft. The GB kits still have the cut barrel and receiver which is much better in my opinion.

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Inflation is our friend.
Wouldn't you like to build a $3000 AK?
Live in a $3000/mo walk up apartment?
I know I would!
Look on the bright side. This time next year, that'll seem cheap, and you'll be bragging about how you got one of the last imports before the war in SE Europe.

Happy Thanksgiving
I'll be you're great fun at parties...

;)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts