AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Krinkov
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received an email that Atlantic Firearms got the 25 round SGM drums in stock today. $99

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...es/vepr-12-sgm-25rd-drum-detail.html?Itemid=0

Designed to work with the VEPR 12shotgun
New Vepr 12, 25 round high capacity polymer magazines are completely manufactured in the USA.
Springs are coated for rust protection.
Very well made reliable magazines.
One mag counts as 3-922R compliant parts.
Each mag has a manufacturer warranty of 1 year

Reactions: BR7.62

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Wow, that things enormous. Looks a bit awkward to me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
In the very begining it seemed like a good idea until the pictures of it inserted in the gun surfaced. Just seems like a big toy at this point.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
the drum doubles as a steamer trunk though. 2 in one. now you don't have to pack a steamer trunk full of clothes when you go on long voyages...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Only 25 rounds in that massive thing. There has to be a better way to feed those rounds in a smaller package. I'd take 3X 8rd mags over that retarted thing anytime.

They should have made the bottom flat so it could double as a makeshift bipod.

The clear door is held on with those plastic clips? My son would break it just looking at it.

·
Registered
Krinkov
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The description I copied from AF website states a 1 year warranty, however further down the Atlantic page it states a 5 year warranty and on SGM's website there is a warranty-instruction's PDF that shows a Lifetime Warranty. I signed up for AF's release date email at 2013 SHOT Show. 3 years of R&D....I would think they will sell a bunch of them. For $99 with a life time warranty how can you go wrong? Fun for plinking....would be cooler if it was for a 12 gauge Gatling gun though.

http://www.sgmtactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Drum-Instructions-Final.pdfhow can you

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Love # 7 from the manual.....

7. DO NOT CONDUCT COMBAT
RELOADS AND DROP THE
DRUM.

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
fkn ridiculous

I have 20rd drums and would not want anything bigger, for my Saiga 12, I prefer the 8 or 10 rd stick mags.

·
Registered
22,589 Posts
Yep.. looks silly on a 'serious' gun... a fully loaded drum is also heavy as fuck.

Though let's face it.. if this was an NFA item or the drums were 600 bucks a pop, people would be smacking their hardons going 'oh yeeeaaahhh drums are kickass!"

Welp... they're sold out. Soon to pop up at double the price, and the sky's the limit in Nov.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts