AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATF e-Forms System Going Dark for Duration of Shutdown

NSSF has learned that the ATF e-Forms system is going offline and will be unavailable due to the ongoing federal shutdown. This service will remain offline during the duration of the shutdown.

As we reported Monday:

The FBI's NICS Section is maintaining normal business hours.

The ATF Office of Enforcement Programs and Services (EPS), which includes the imports, firearms technology, NFA branches, the licensing center and firearms industry programs branch now processing marking variances, is effectively shut down, operating with minimal staff.

The State Department's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) is accepting licenses, but only acting on them in genuine emergency situations.

The Commerce Department Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) is no longer accepting export license applications, classification requests (CCATS), encryption reviews, encryption registrations or advisory opinion requests. Similarly, BIS will not be issuing any final determinations. All pending export license applications, commodity classification requests, encryption reviews, encryption registrations and advisory opinion requests will be held without action by BIS until the shutdown ends.

NSSF will continue to update the industry as additional details on the government shutdown become available.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Like it really costs anything to keep e-Forms up and running. All the system would do is keep the electronic files in a que, pending the return of employees.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
What does this mean? Nothing really ...

This is just another attempt by the .gov powers that be attempting to make the shutdown appear to be far worse than it really is. All they're doing is looking for ways to fuck with people, especially those poeple that they view as being counterproductive to their agenda ...

·
Registered
3,528 Posts

This is just another attempt by the .gov powers that be attempting to make the shutdown appear to be far worse than it really is. All they're doing is looking for ways to fuck with people, especially those poeple that they view as being counterproductive to their agenda ...
True, but it is now hitting a little too close to home for me.
One of my fellow Agents was killed in Afghanistan this weekend. Because of the shutdown, his family has not received any of his death benefits. $100,000 payable within 36 hours. No funeral expenses will be paid. No advance BAH.
RIP Joe Peters.
'I won't ever understand it': Kin of fallen express grief, anger over death benefits - U.S. News

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
One of my fellow Agents was killed in Afghanistan this weekend. Because of the shutdown, his family has not received any of his death benefits. $100,000 payable within 36 hours. No funeral expenses will be paid. No advance BAH.
RIP Joe Peters.
'I won't ever understand it': Kin of fallen express grief, anger over death benefits - U.S. News
You'd think/hope for something like this the powers that be could set aside all the current political BS and get done what is so clearly right. I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts

Precisely!
RIP Joe Peters.
I'm truly sorry to hear that.
If it's any consolation (and I know it's not) it is actually explicitly illegal for them to be withholding those payments.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's only gonna get worse folks.
On one side, you've got a Republican house listening to demands from strict conservative types like myself who believe that the only chance they have at the oval office in 2016 is to show some balls on this Obamacare thing, rather than nominating someone who came up with something just like it in their state.
On the other side, you've got the Democrats taking cues from Obama...He's already said that under no circumstances would he negotiate on a law that has already been passed (although he did manage to change it himself several times after he signed it).
If he even starts to pretend to negotiate with the GOP on this, he will start to lose face, and he will not have that.

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
RIP Joe Peters.
That sucks, and I'm sorry for your loss. Stuff like this should never happen.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
RIP Joe Peters.
It is sad that the current administration is using the ultimate sacrifice of our American heros as a pawn to further their agenda. As testament of the true American spirit, I understand that private funds have become available thru Fischer House project and the Ranger Lead the way foundation has offered to get the families to Dover.

God rest the fallen's souls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts