AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's,

In the last few days we have sold over 120 M16 fire control sets. we are keeping them restocked for now, and have not increased the price. also a bump in M16 lowers and pencil barrels.
so, it begs the question, What is going on??????? Are new kits coming to market we do not know about? Or is this uptick somehow related to the Vegas incident? anybody know anything?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I know Brownells has released a bunch of repro parts. I sure hope people aren't buying M16 FCG's in response to the looming bumpfire fiasco.

·
Premium Member
13,070 Posts
Might check the EE over there to see what's hot

The panic is far reaching and very diversified, or so I have read.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
forgive my ignorance....isnt it the case that you cannot use m16 fcg unless you are building a post sample?

what would be the point of buying full auto fcg parts, they're useless just like full auto ak fcg parts.

the full auto carriers of course are legal to use with semi lower parts, and from what i understand, the extra weight helps reliability.

·
Premium Member
13,070 Posts
In talking to other AR distributors, they are experiencing the same thing.
You piqued my interest with your post, so I started searching...there are several items sold out

GB looks like end of days on some..:confused:

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Eh, I liked the stagnent market. Low pricing and availability is a nice change from the last 8 years.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Last thing we need is another ​panic....
Unless you're one of those that loves a good panic in order to elevate their financial status by buying low and selling high. You know.......the gougers or as most say.......market profiteers. Ah....yes......the capitalism of it all. Christmas in Glocktober and screw thy fellow man. 'Tis the season!

·
Registered
21,775 Posts
Eh, I liked the stagnent market. Low pricing and availability is a nice change from the last 8 years.
So did I.

I *hate* this kind of reaction.. but it's a predictable one. It also brings out people's real thoughts when something is in danger like this, for better or worse. It's okay not to like something, but hoping or wishing it would be banned is a disgusting mentality. "I don't like it so FUCK IT" ... it's worse than the " I got mine so whatever" yes good for you and fuck everyone who comes along after.. terrible.

It's very strange that there's not more cohesion in the gun community and how stark the lines are. It's all well and good to really like one brand or style of gun.. I'm a Sig guy myself, but I don't get all bent out of shape when someone talks about how they really like their Glock or 1911.. I like those too! I don't shit on guns I don't like.. I'll laugh at a Hi-Point, but they're for people who might otherwise not be able to afford a gun at all... and you sure as shit can't argue that an empty or broken Hi-point can't be used as a bludgeon!

We've all seen threads about x gun vs y gun.... but even more vicious is the outright hate I've read about slidefire stocks. Goofy, gimmick, work-around the NFA, waste of ammo.. But so what? The same crowd that says "need isn't a prerequisite for ownership" when it comes to guns, ammo, or magazines is going after a somewhat expensive novelty item because someone used it in a crime. The slidefires have been around for YEARS and all they were used for was "wasting ammo" on youtube... heh.. "waste of ammo" BAD if you use a slidefire but GOOD if you use an NFA gun?

As stated in previous threads, there were plenty of other options available that would have made the tragedy in Las Vegas even worse. If he wanted to, the guy had the means to purchase a legal pre-86 machine gun.. like a 1919.. and let loose. The guys in the North Hollywood Shootout used illegally converted machine guns.

But I've derailed the OP's thread enough... just something that was bothering me.

Reactions: 22many

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Unless you're one of those that loves a good panic in order to elevate their financial status by buying low and selling high. You know.......the gougers or as most say.......market profiteers. Ah....yes......the capitalism of it all. Christmas in Glocktober and screw thy fellow man. 'Tis the season!
I think we all do that. I've seem many things come out and onto the market because of elevated pricing. It's a incentive for people to part with things that they wouldn't. I've sold many rifles that I built over the years and had duplicates from. I mean, after all, you can only have so many of a certain rifle/varient. Years back when the ban scare was in full swing i cashed in quite well. After all, in my case I was looking at 5 milled yugo m64 rifles thinking "Hmm...$1500 each". Only a fool would not sell.

Nobody likes ban scares but if we're headed that way then might as well ride it out and profit from it. That's what nice from the time we have now, things are cheap so stock up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts