AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Good article, we'll keep both threads open for a couple of days.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
one thing i noticed is that they said there was no match or sniper grade ammo for 7.62x39, i would like to disagree as there is match grade silver bear at my gunshop for 8 bucks a box :shock:

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Pretty much all Yugo Aks are built off the "RPK" pattern, bulged front trunnion with a heavy walled receiver.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Definately all the later Yugos, anyway. I think the few Yugo milled receiver variants were quite interesting, too, but that's getting off the subject.

I had a Tabuk DMR rifle for a while in Iraq and could never quite appreciate it. To me, it was awkward and was a combination of several different Kalashnikov qualities that just didn't mix well. But I suppose that since it does shoot, can accept a very common magazine and cartridge, and is built on a dependable platform, it worked for the Iraqi military. And unfortunately there were/are some bad individuals over there that had enough proficiency with it to have caused some fatalities.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I have a friend that was an Army Ranger Counter Sniper in Iraq that was actually shot with a Tubuk Sniper and his spoter was killed by the same guy with the Tabuk. He was able to reposition after being shot and killed the sniper. He lost his entire lower leg to the shooting. He refused to handle or shoot my Tabuk copy. He said his buddys that recovered the snipers body told him the Iraqi had a drum on the Tabuk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts