1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Arsenal SAM7SF Experiences

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS/FIRST LOOK AND FEEL UPON UNBOXING
Feb. 20, 2014

I picked up my Arsenal SAM7SF today from my FFL and have been playing around with it. Here are my first impressions.

The build quality is truly superb, head and shoulders above the recent ZASTAVAS I purchased, but then again, it costs "head and shoulders" above a ZASTAVA. But the fit and finish and controls all function very smoothly, the fit of the parts is truly superb and the forged and milled receiver is really a thing of beauty. The bolt carrier rides on its rails very smoothly and I've not even applied my favorite lubricant to it.

The trigger has a crisp break at the end of a longer pull than I'm accustomed too, but it is very smooth. The reset point is very nice and very noticeable. I'll look forward to learning how to manipulate it efficiently. It appears to be better built than the triggers the come with most AKs purchased in the USA.

The ambi safety system is a nice touch and works very well, particularly, of course, when the stock is folded to the side.

The stock allows me to get a nice purchase on the rifle, length of pull is no problem and the cheek weld makes using the iron sights very efficient, must better than any other AK I've used before.

I purchased the rail system they make for it and it mounts well. Unfortunately, my Aimpoint mounts are all too high, though I may give the Aimpoint PRO I have since its mount is lower than either of my Micro T1s. I'm going to run it with the PRO this weekend at the Kalashnikov operator's class I'm taking out at Asymmetric Solutions in Farmington, Missouri.

Taking down and out the bolt carrier group, etc was easy. The gas tube/hand guard assembly is proving quite difficult to remove. I'm sure it will loosen up in time.

The folding stock folds nicely, but .... WOW it is impossible for now to do it by hand. I had to tap on the "push" button with a plastic mallet to get it to budge then was able to force it in. I trust this will loosen up in time, would like to hear from other Arsenal SAM7SF owners on this.

The pistol grip feels great in my XXL hands, very comfortable.

I'll let you guys know how the cheek weld with the tubular folding stock feels/works after this weekend.

So, that's it for now. More later.

The

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Friday, Feb. 21, 2014

I got the rail system put on it and installed the low mount that came with my Aimpoint T1. Absolutely perfect fit. Installed a Blue Force Gear VTAC sling, with out any issues. Here are photos:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Even though your banned, I just cant get over the fact on how those arsenals have the milled receivers and AKM pattern barrels. Just doesn't seem right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts