AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read in several places on the Internet that people who do not care for the stock on the SAM7SF have used paracord or some other material to provide more of a padded cheek weld.

Has anyone done this and could you explain what you did with pictures?

My big question is whether or not doing this interferes with folding the stock.

Thanks.

·
Banned
950 Posts
It isn't so much the cheek weld as it is the slap from what I understand. Seems that the linear design tends to jar you a bit verses a stock with a nice curved area for your cheek.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I apologize for being OT, but...
I've been wanting one, but I'm a lefty. The left side is curved in, for clearance of selector I'm guessing.
I have not been able to get my hands on one to see how the cheek weld would feel shouldering on the left.
Will someone that has one tell me what kind of cheek weld it has shooting lefty, please.
If there is cheek slap with this design, I think it would get ruff with a left side cheek weld.
thanks

·
1,092 Posts
I felt no "slap" shooting mine. Take one out in extreme cold or let it sit in the hot sun at the range and then try to shoot it and you'll understand why most guys para wrap them, the soviets did this on their AK-74s during the Soviet/Afgan war with tourniquets!

·
1,092 Posts
And no as long as it's a single wrap it does not interfere with your stock folding but may make it harder to manipulate the charging handle with the stock folded.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love my Sam 7 sf & believe it's one of the best made Ak's you can own
Haven't experienced much in the way of "slap" either

Cure for AK stock slap from metal folding stocks is to open your mouth a little while shooting
Keeping your jaw clenched while pressing your face hard against the stock transfers all the energy to your teeth etc.. : solution...open your mouth a little : problem solved

as far as the stock getting cold in the winter etc, : absolutely
I haven't wrapped mine with anything because it seems to warm up very quickly as soon as I start to handle it even when i have gloves on

seems to me you could just wrap para cord around it without causing any problems although the manual recommends/warns you do not wrap anything around the stock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts