AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I would like thank you in advance for reading this. I'm a second time AK owner and I love it. I will admit I am new to the community so bear with me here guys...

So I'm just gonna jump rt to the point here... I bought a Sam7-66 (PO-01 quadrail) that allows the operator to store his cleaning through the rail and into the bottom part of the receiver, well long story short I was striping my rifle completely (to clean) and I lost the "small silver cleaning rod guide" that helps secure your cleaning rod..... So now I can't use my cleaning rod witout it falling out. And at times it will not even go in.

Here is my problem... I got in touch with Arsenal Inc and they did reach out to me by sending me another small silver cleaning rod guide; So how exactly do I install it? Iv watched videos, iv looked at countless pictures online, I even got on YouTube for help but no one has enough information in their pictures / videos for me to figure it out (because the small silver cleaning rod guide is ALREADY installed during their videos / pictures.)

A YouTube guy on YouTube name Texas Gun Smith is the only guy on YouTube, that I havefound, with a Sam7-66, he has helped me tremendously with my gun. But he has directed me towards this forum site for help. Who else has a Sam7-66? I need your help guys!

Can somebody help me through my installation process? It seems like I am missing something or I have to mod the part IDK it's just not adding up...
(Once u buy the Sam7-66 the cleaning rod guide is already installed)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed it at one point but I have since modified mine to use on a m92...so I can't check. if you post a picture, I might be able to help. If I remember correctly, there was a small lip that one side sat on and the other side when in at an angle. It did not sit flush on the rail.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You want to start with removing cleaning rod, and cleaning rod goes in last.

Pull top cover, remove bolt and carrier. Remove upper four allen screws for top portion of hand guard. Lift lever for gas tube retention. Remove gas tube.

At the front of hand guard is hand guard retainer. It has a small square looking lever at upper right side, and is pointing toward rear of gun. Flip that lever so it points toward front of gun, some force may be needed, perhaps a screw driver. Once lever is flipped, move hand guard retainer toward gas block, off hand guard.

There are two upper barrel clamps, with two allen screws each. Remove those screws and upper clamps. Slide lower handguard slightly forward to remove. With handguard removed, note two lower barrel clamps still inside. They are similar, BUT different. They need to be in correct position. The lower barrel clamp for the stainless steel chute has a tee slot cut into it. It must be the rear clamp, with tee slot facing rear. Back of hand guard also has a tee slot.

Think of stainless steel chute like a rain gutter on a roof, but in this case, you turn it upside down. Each end of chute has wings, these wings fit into tee slots. To install it, you must remove two more allen screws that hold rear lower barrel clamp in. With screws removed, slide barrel clamp slightly forward. Wings on chut may be bent a certain way to give you correct angle, but there only two choices, so see what seems natural. Slide lower barrel clamp back into position and install its two screws. Now chute can not come out. Assemble in reverse order.

I broke an allen key trying to get my lower barrel clamp off as an example pic, lol. Anyway, I didn't think it was important enough to continue, as I'm sure you can figure it out from the description above as well as the pics I've got here, click on them to see larger version of pics:

12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts