AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
i recently picked up an Arsenal SA M-5 5.56mm rifle - it has been out of production for a number of years, however, I wanted to know if anyone had recent experiences or reviews of its performance. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
If you do a search for SAM5 on the forum here, you will see it has been featured in hundreds of threads. Hours of reading, years of experiences. Enjoy.

The M5 was my first AK. Thousands of rounds through it, no issues ever. A fine Rifle.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I had 2 of them...one with about 700 rds through it and not a hiccup and the other was NIB...very good gun period and very smooth shooting...IMHO it's an unrealized and lost treasure...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All - greatly appreciated. I looked over the reviews and comments about the rifle from the 2000s, but had not seen much discussion about them in recent times. Glad to hear that the rifle is still has a good reputation!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
If I was gonna go total .223/5.56 this would be the one hands down...ar's are nice but this one rocks...

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Pretty. I had mine set up with wood for a short while as well.

7 or 8 years ago I took the SAM5 to a 1 day basic carbine class, which was an AR centric course as far as course of fire and how the drills were designed. The lead instructor took an instant dislike to me when he saw I had a 'commie gun', but the M5 using just irons was able to keep up with the AR's quite well and he lightened up a bit towards the end of the day. Round of choice that day was regular 55 grain .223 white box stuff BTW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts