AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new SLR-107cr a few weeks ago, take it out to check zero, and of course it shoots 3" right at 25 yards. This would be the 3rd 107-series that I've fired that had a canted FSB. Contacted Arsenal and they issued me an RMA in a fairly timely manner, however they expect me to pay to cover shipping for their mistake! I called today to request a shipping label, it was like talking to a (rude) brick wall!

Just a heads up to those thinking of buying an Arsenal in the future, I won't! I hate companies that won't stand behind their products :evil:

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
evolixsurf said:
did you try adjusting the post? Is it visibly canted?
Yeah, 3" right at 25 is nothing. Unless the front site is visibly canted that's way, way, way within norms. Adjust the front site a half turn and your done. If you pick up someone elses zeroed weapon you'll probably have to adjust it more than that....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is canted as determined by the 'placing the rifle upside down on a flat surface test'. And 3" @25' doesn't sound bad, but that's 12" @100. It is probably correctable by drifting the post ALL the way to the right, but the CR uses a nonstandard FSB which it appears no one makes a tool for.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The SAM7R I bought a month ago has no canted sites and shoots just fine.

I'm not saying your experiences haven't been bad. But to condemn a whole product line is misleading.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
reswob said:
It is canted as determined by the 'placing the rifle upside down on a flat surface test'. And 3" @25' doesn't sound bad, but that's 12" @100. It is probably correctable by drifting the post ALL the way to the right, but the CR uses a nonstandard FSB which it appears no one makes a tool for.
I'm not being argumentative, but 12" at 100 is also completely acceptable. That's about a 5 click correction on an M4 or I believe a roughly 1.5mm (0.06 inch) correction on an AK front sight. I would personally be ecstatic if I got a rifle from the factory already pre-zeroed to within 3 inches at 25. I think your expectations in that regard are unreasonable. If I zeroed the weapon to my eye, it would probably be at least 3 inches off when you fired it - and vice versa.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're not talking about an M4 here... My 107f was off about 2-3" @25 and I had to drift the damn post ALL the way over to get it on target. The bigger problem I'm having is Arsenal admitted that the rifle is defective, and covered under warranty, but then the ~$50 to ship it back to them to fix THEIR mistake comes out of my pocket? WTF. I imagine it will be cheaper to find a local gunsmith to straighten the FSB, and it won't take 3-5 weeks either!

·
Super Moderator
10,328 Posts
reswob said:
We're not talking about an M4 here... My 107f was off about 2-3" @25 and I had to drift the damn post ALL the way over to get it on target. The bigger problem I'm having is Arsenal admitted that the rifle is defective, and covered under warranty, but then the ~$50 to ship it back to them to fix THEIR mistake comes out of my pocket? WTF. I imagine it will be cheaper to find a local gunsmith to straighten the FSB, and it won't take 3-5 weeks either!
Unless you got a "buddy" for a gunsmith, no gunsmith around me would do that job for $50.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
reswob said:
Picked up a new SLR-107cr a few weeks ago, take it out to check zero, and of course it shoots 3" right at 25 yards. This would be the 3rd 107-series that I've fired that had a canted FSB. Contacted Arsenal and they issued me an RMA in a fairly timely manner, however they expect me to pay to cover shipping for their mistake! I called today to request a shipping label, it was like talking to a (rude) brick wall!

Just a heads up to those thinking of buying an Arsenal in the future, I won't! I hate companies that won't stand behind their products :evil:
They will stand behind their product. You just have to pay to ship it to them, & they will pay to ship it back. This is the normal policy for 90% of all industry. Very few companies will pay for shipping back to them. S&W is the only company that I know if who does that. Rifles don't have to go over night, so it's not that expensive to ship it back. Less than $20. Just send it. GARY

·
Registered
592 Posts
reswob said:

reswob said:
Sounds to me like they are standing behind their product.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
i dunno why the rest of you guys settle for poor customer service. making someone pay for shipping on a defective item is BS and any company with good service will not require you to do this.

example: i recently bought 200 unfired PPU 7mm mauser brass from Grafs.com and after i loaded up the brass i realized the primers were seating deep. so i contacted them and they said to try to shoot them and see if they work. well the deep primers caused a number of light strikes so i contacted them and let them know. their answer to the issue was to mail me a new package of brass with a shipping label included to send the old brass back! this is high quality customer service, any one who really wants to learn how to provide excellent customer service needs to contact Grafs and take notes.

-matt

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I was in the auto parts business for 30 years, & got parts from numerous vendors including GM, & their vendors. While they took back & replaced defective parts, we had to pay for shipping back to them. My other hobby is ham radio, & again all vendors will accept defective returns, but they go on our dime. The gun industry is no different. Except for S&W, & now Graf's, return shipping of a defective product is on us. I now sell guns, & when a customer says "it's $50 less on the internet" I remind them that while they can inspect our gun to make sure there are no scratches etc, should that internet gun have a visual blem, the customer will pay for return shipping, & the 2nd transfer for the replacement gun, so where is the savings? Let's face it, with very few exceptions, we have to pay for return shipping of a defective product. GARY

·
Super Moderator
10,328 Posts
I can understand the frustration of paying out of pocket for returning a defective product that was through no cause of the buyer. That said, K-VAR/Arsenal is not alone in the industry of making the customer pay return shipping. Sure there is better companies that pay the return shipping but to say they are the devil because they do not is stretching it a bit.

I do not know what Arsenal's profit margins are, but I do know that making the customer pay return shipping, separates the nit-pickers from those who actually have a problem and keeps their return shipping costs lower of getting rifles returned for bullshit reasons.

·
Banned
950 Posts
Yawn. You guys are worse than a sewing circle. I HATE a company that has been able to bring in quality AK's and components long after everything else has dried up.

They are willing to fix it for free over a cosmetic issue and you are bitching because it "isn't perfect". Yah, that little drum on the front sight block, that's what you adjust your windage with.

LOL

·
Registered
978 Posts
That's your opinion, and I respect it. I'll just keep buying from AKF members. At least they don't speak to me like a child like that sorry b#tch arsenal has answering the phones.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I just wanna say...

Both of my Century AKs are great

:bd:
But how can that be? Don't you know all Century Ak's are assembled by monkees? Century Ak's suck, just ask anybody. :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts