AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find comfort in the thought ( label )
"Armed to the Teeth" ?
Whenever I add something to the Safe, whether it is a
a firearm, accessory or ammo, there is a certaim peace of
mind knowing that you have the advantage over 99% of the
civilian population in your area.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
:eek: Guilty ... That's the way I've felt for the last 20 years ... :beer:

G

·
0 Posts
I'm new to firearms relatively. I have an SA93, an SKS, a Special Weapons HK94, a couple Mausers, a Remington 870 and a Sig pistol. I'm kind of armed to the ankles I think.

Any recommendations on my next purchase? I read in another thread that there are other caliber AKs? I thought AKs were just 7.62? Another friend told me to get a Fil? I've never heard of that. He said the English used them.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
612 Posts
sgiondubh said:
I'm new to firearms relatively. I have an SA93, an SKS, a Special Weapons HK94, a couple Mausers, a Remington 870 and a Sig pistol. I'm kind of armed to the ankles I think.

Any recommendations on my next purchase? I read in another thread that there are other caliber AKs? I thought AKs were just 7.62? Another friend told me to get a Fil? I've never heard of that. He said the English used them.

Check out the 5.45 or the 5.56 AKs.You might also want to look into a FAL

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
marksmanship and AK accuracy .

i hate to be the one to say it ... heaven knows how much i love "stuff" BUT ... most people dont need more guns . when it comes to rifles what they need is ;

#1) MARKSMANSHIP SKILLS

everyone gets practice however , WHAT EXACTLY , ARE YOU PRACTICING ? here is the best short combat marksmanship course i've seen to date . find out exactly where you stand now and measure improvment with use of correct technique http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/rifles.asp

FREDS GUIDE TO BECOMING A RIFLEMAN and the 25M AQTs are the best few bucks you'll ever spend . Fred dont like AKs and thinks they are junk . we know better . his GUIDE and the army AQT is just what AK47 shooters need to break the self-inflicted "INACCURATE AK MYTH" . yes i said myth . here is the REAL STORY gleened by C.E.HARRIS and army APG back in the late 80s . they didnt want this widely publisized back then i suppose .

Q _ "but yoda , why is it that WE with our M16s out shoot all our enemies with AK47s ? they cant hit nothin withem !"
A_ it has little to do with any weapon diffs . SEE FRED ABOVE! SEE C.E.HARRIS below .
TYPICAL DISPERSION OF SELECTED SOVIET AND U.S. RIFLES Approximate Extreme Spread for 10-Shot Groups, Estimated from Measured Radial Standard Deviations, (assuming MR as .9xRSd and ES as 3xMR) NRA Master gunners in favorable conditions adapted from U.S. Army APG data, AMSAA Technical Report No. 440 , May 1987.

(10shot groups in 'inches" . yoda)

__________7.62x39___ 5.45x39___ 5.56x45___ 5.56x45
__________USSR PS__ USSR PS__ US M193__ US M855
RANGE: ____AK-47____ AK-74____ M16A1____ M16A2
(metres)
100________ 4.8_______ 3.5_______ 2.7________ 2.7
200________ 9.6_______ 7.0_______ 5.5________ 5.5
300_______ 14.4______ 10.5_______ 8.9________ 8.6
400_______ 19.6______ 14.9______ 12.8_______ 11.9
500_______ 25.0______ 19.6______ 17.6_______ 16.0
600_______ 30.6______ 25.5______ 23.0_______ 20.4
DOCTRINAL BATTLE-SIGHT RANGE(metres)
__________ 300_______ 400______ 250________ 300
this sentence best sums up what us semi-auto AK owners need to know ...

If effective range is gaged by single-shot hitting performance of average soldiers in combat situations, the AK47, AK74, M16A1 and M16A2 have almost no difference in performance.
FROM; http://64.233.179.104/custom?q=cache:YF ... 1&ie=UTF-8

in the last 10 years , haveing access to 100M/500M ranges and others AKs i've found the above to be really close to reality except that you can always do a bit better with ammo your AK prefers . IF your AK cant match this it needs service .

i used to think the BULG was tits but even old Norincos , Polys and chinese SKSs have done just as well with ammo they like .

#2) WEAPON MANIPULATION SKILLS

#3) BASIC FIGHTING SKILLS

and this is just the weapon oriented stuff .

i would rather hear you say " ARMED with teeth THAT I HAVE SHARPENED"

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
i laugh when i get looks because i own 3 ak's :shock: ...which is nothing compared to some of u guys.......but they're the first to say "i know where i'm going when the invasion/apocolypse/etc starts..."i feel like teliing them to pis off...this shits for my family's well being...fend for yourselves you spinless wimps

·
Registered
112 Posts
Muttly said:
sgiondubh said:

Check out the 5.45 or the 5.56 AKs.You might also want to look into a FAL

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: marksmanship and AK accuracy .

freerangeYODA said:
i hate to be the one to say it ... heaven knows how much i love "stuff" BUT ... most people dont need more guns . when it comes to rifles what they need is ;

#1) MARKSMANSHIP SKILLS

everyone gets practice however , WHAT EXACTLY , ARE YOU PRACTICING ? here is the best short combat marksmanship course i've seen to date . find out exactly where you stand now and measure improvment with use of correct technique http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/rifles.asp

FREDS GUIDE TO BECOMING A RIFLEMAN and the 25M AQTs are the best few bucks you'll ever spend . Fred dont like AKs and thinks they are junk . we know better . his GUIDE and the army AQT is just what AK47 shooters need to break the self-inflicted "INACCURATE AK MYTH" . yes i said myth . here is the REAL STORY gleened by C.E.HARRIS and army APG back in the late 80s . they didnt want this widely publisized back then i suppose .

Q _ "but yoda , why is it that WE with our M16s out shoot all our enemies with AK47s ? they cant hit nothin withem !"
A_ it has little to do with any weapon diffs . SEE FRED ABOVE! SEE C.E.HARRIS below .
TYPICAL DISPERSION OF SELECTED SOVIET AND U.S. RIFLES Approximate Extreme Spread for 10-Shot Groups, Estimated from Measured Radial Standard Deviations, (assuming MR as .9xRSd and ES as 3xMR) NRA Master gunners in favorable conditions adapted from U.S. Army APG data, AMSAA Technical Report No. 440 , May 1987.

(10shot groups in 'inches" . yoda)

__________7.62x39___ 5.45x39___ 5.56x45___ 5.56x45
__________USSR PS__ USSR PS__ US M193__ US M855
RANGE: ____AK-47____ AK-74____ M16A1____ M16A2
(metres)
100________ 4.8_______ 3.5_______ 2.7________ 2.7
200________ 9.6_______ 7.0_______ 5.5________ 5.5
300_______ 14.4______ 10.5_______ 8.9________ 8.6
400_______ 19.6______ 14.9______ 12.8_______ 11.9
500_______ 25.0______ 19.6______ 17.6_______ 16.0
600_______ 30.6______ 25.5______ 23.0_______ 20.4
DOCTRINAL BATTLE-SIGHT RANGE(metres)
__________ 300_______ 400______ 250________ 300
this sentence best sums up what us semi-auto AK owners need to know ...

[quote:6t41o773]If effective range is gaged by single-shot hitting performance of average soldiers in combat situations, the AK47, AK74, M16A1 and M16A2 have almost no difference in performance.
FROM; http://64.233.179.104/custom?q=cache:YF ... 1&ie=UTF-8

in the last 10 years , haveing access to 100M/500M ranges and others AKs i've found the above to be really close to reality except that you can always do a bit better with ammo your AK prefers . IF your AK cant match this it needs service .

i used to think the BULG was tits but even old Norincos , Polys and chinese SKSs have done just as well with ammo they like .

#2) WEAPON MANIPULATION SKILLS

#3) BASIC FIGHTING SKILLS

and this is just the weapon oriented stuff .

i would rather hear you say " ARMED with teeth THAT I HAVE SHARPENED"[/quote:6t41o773]

I like this! I can honestly say that I thought that I was a good shot before I entered Army service, when I went through BRM at FT Benning, I only qualified with 29 out of 40 the last Three qualifications (years later) I have shot "expert" 36-40 out of 40 on the pop-up range. There is nothing like the fundamentals of marksmanship drilled on a good 25 meter range to improve your capacity to put bullets where they should go. That coupled with a good rifle, good magazines, and a decent cache of good ammo and your good to go!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts