AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diehard CHICOM enthusiasts, I have a question for you. Several months back I picked up a 56-2 imported by ARMCO. I didn't know much about it, but I wanted that -2 folding bakelite to fill a hole in my growing collection. I recently got the bug to learn more about it. So far I have learned about ARMCO and how the owner got in trouble with the ATF. Thats good info but what I really would like to know that I have not found much info at all on, is the quality of these imports (are they bad like the BWEST, or is it a solid receiver), and about when my SN would have been imported (616xxx)

Thanks

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Those were true Chinese imports and were of the same high quality as any other importers 56S series rifles. The B-west issue was only on their USA made receiver and not their true imports.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The ARMCO's are some of the best (and underrated) AK's--- your serial number indicates an early import--- but I believe that there are no ARMCO -2's!!! ;)

Tony

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Would you mind posting some photos of that old beauty? Would be nice to see one of what caused George Bush the First to have such a fit over "evil looking weapons".

Also some pix of the markings as you have one very rare AKM variant.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
-2 stock sets were sold separately in magazine adds so they show up on anything. your gun might be original though as theres always oddballs in chicom imports that are fewer known type stuff. that's the common denominator in chicom imports. pics would be nice.

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Yep we need some pictures or it's not real.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yep we need some pictures or it's not real.
This is a confirmed law of physics, known as "Schrodinger's Kalashnikov." So yes, pics please.

-otus

Reactions: MPiKM-72

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Oh we did not doubt you we (me) are just glad to be able to see the beauty.

Reactions: otus

·
Registered
459 Posts
Someone added the folding stock and red furniture. It was originally a fixed wood stock rifle. Look at the rear rivets.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
xman, How can you tell, the larger size of the rivets? With it not in its origional configuration then, what do you guys estimate the value to be?

·
Registered
459 Posts
The non matching red pieces are a good hint that it is not original. The formation and color or the rear rivets don't match the other rivets. Value is still good, it would make a nice rifle to use and not have to worry about imperfections. Right now it is probably worth around $1200- $1500.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I enlarged the photo and xman does seem to be correct. cold blue rear rivets turned brown like they do in that case. upper and grip different color. still preban and still very awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts