AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in a gunshop 50 miles from my house and setting there staring at me was a butt hole stocked maadi. I saw that it was a intrac arm so I picked it up. When I flipped it over I saw a extra Y stamp. I got very interested very quick. I like my other intrac arm but thought that one with a "Y" would be really sweet in some nice reddish laminate(ironwood). The gun is clean and has a bright bore so I asked the owner how much he wanted. He said "350" and I made a ugly face and the he said that cash would buy it alot cheaper. I said "How cheap?" He said"275" I then said if thats OTD I will go get cash. He nodded and went to the atm. I now have in my grubby hands a Intrac ACC imported Knox ten maddi 4,xxx serial number withe the elusive extra Y. Here are the pics.

[

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Nice score.

Please don't put Ironwood on that beauty.

It deserves a set of Russian wood.

You do reailze the AK gods allowed you to buy it so cheap so that you afford some Russian wood, right. :twisted:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Z I emailed you. Can you hook me up with a stock set? I would like to treat her right but 3-400 bucks is out of my price range.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
hank_612 said:
Z I emailed you. Can you hook me up with a stock set? I would like to treat her right but 3-400 bucks is out of my price range.
A set of Soviet wood,buttstock/pg and hg's should run you a $100-$125. Have Z_Recto do his magic and you are looking good.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but what is the story with these "Y" guns?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
The "Y" stamping he's referring to is the "X" and "Y" reinforcment stampings around the FCG pin holes.The extra "Y" stamp is for the un-drilled third hole.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You know...

You can just cut the "PG" portion of the thumbhole stock & add a milspec pistol grip (including a correct screw & nut)...

And all will be well with a little inexpensive finishing.

Lollygagger :smile:

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
man, you stole it! i put an unissued set of russian on mine for $125 i think. i had Z Recto rework the original maadi handguards for a russian underfolder, they look fantastic!

russian wood is the only way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have talked to Z and will have a set of russian laminate coming soon. Saweet
Wheres the picks AL or anyone else for that matter. Lets see some sovietized maadis

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Here you go,Maadi ARM with Russian Laminated stockset.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Its a Russian Bakelite,check out the Marketplace,Greentimber had four on there last week and Stottman posts them occasionally.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks I would like one of those. It looks like greentimbers are accounted for. Nice Maadi BTW :shock:

fixed it for you,JOHNO. :wink:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hmmm so the Y is a good thing :twisted:

This was my first AK and she is been around but shoots great Im looking for a nice butt for her.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Talk to z_recto his reputation is second to none and his prices are a lot better than you would think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts