·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pecking order in my safe is methodical. Both XD .40's have
a round in the pipe , mags are in, and are pick-up and fire
ready. The 4" has a tac light slid on the rail, but is
not locked on.

Rifles all have mags in them,( AR, Romy Folder, SA M 7) but never a round in the barrel.
Shotgun is the first longarm out with Six in the Magazine,
never kept with a Shell in the Barrel.
All mags are loaded, some in grab bags.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have a Glock 19, (bedroom/carry gun) and my SLR-100H always at the ready.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LightSpeed said:
Pecking order in my safe is methodical. Both XD .40's have
a round in the pipe , mags are in, and are pick-up and fire
ready. The 4" has a tac light slid on the rail, but is
not locked on.

Rifles all have mags in them,( AR, Romy Folder, SA M 7) but never a round in the barrel.
Shotgun is the first longarm out with Six in the Magazine,
never kept with a Shell in the Barrel.
All mags are loaded, some in grab bags.
My safe is in the Bedroom with Keypad Lock.
(Hope I can get it open when the EMP hits)

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
i dont know if i would keep my XD-40 sitting around with one piped ready to go,...its a super pistol,..but if some bump-ass gets there hands on it before i can tell them it ready to fire,..well it could get ugly,.. :uzi:

i leave mine with a loaded mag,...but nothing in the chamber. the one wheel gun i have is always empty,..its for Ms. 27,.. i load it up and put it in the nightstand on her side when i'll be gone overnight.

all of my AK's and 12ga. are loaded but nothing chambered,..the bolt guns are naturally empty as the would be of little use ready to fire unless i was raided by a hord of satanic whitetail,.. in which case i would want my PSL anyway.

the only one that is loaded with a round chambered is my little carry gun,.a Taurus PT145 in .45ACP,..a total of 21 hydra- shock friends to do my biding while i get my safe open.

OT ,.. :shock: ,...is this smilie giving the other a "Dirty Sanchez?" :pokeit:

·
Registered
185 Posts
i hang my ak's on the walls
and lockup the mags/ammo in the safe (yes im alittle twisted and think they make good art)
that and its funny as hell to watch the JW's faces when you swing the door open :lol:

there are 4 or so loaded in the safe along with my kimber
none in the pipe tho

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I have what I consider "working firearms" and "historic firearms." There are no safe-queens in either group but the historic firearms tend to all be in the "secure location." I have a 12 gauge, a .308, a 5.56 and a .40 ready to go all the time.

I do keep as many magazines for all firearms loaded as I practically can. I have always thought it was a good idea to store ammo in magazines - no, the springs wont compress and wear out.

·
Registered
621 Posts
All of my guns have mags in them, My Baby eagle stays hot at all times, And my 12 guage keeps one in the tube at all times, on the top shelf in my closet, Not that I think it takes too long to chamber one, I just dont want anyone that breaks into my house to hear me chamber it and have time to locate/draw down on me. My AKs stay in the closet with loaded mags but none in the chamber, I figure by the time I grab one of those, I will have cleared my house of any undesireables....And the AKs are for clearing the parking lot of anyone that thinks they are gonna get near me or my family if I have to bug.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have nothing loaded. I keep a Ruger P95 with a mag loaded next to it for intruders. I have small children and I will not take that chance with them. It doesn't take me a second or two to get it in ready mode. WarDawg

·
Registered
189 Posts
762BODYDROPPER said:
............Not that I think it takes too long to chamber one, I just dont want anyone that breaks into my house to hear me chamber it..........
I keep my pump w/ out a round in the chamber, for the very reason that I WANT them to hear me chamber a round. I want their life to flash before their eyes right before they hear the "click" of the hammer.

I can be a sick sob. :grin:

Accountant

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the old days everyone had Gun Cabinets (1970's). I think the home safe is a huge safety item as well as an offensive tool. The kids can't get in and once it opens firepower is at hand.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I keep a Winchester 1300 pump loaded ( with no plug in of course )with buckshot...I like buckshot. :grin:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
mossberg 500

Mossberg 500 18" w 8 shot tube, heat shield and side saddle shell holder filled with low recoil double ought goodness :twisted:
I tend to follow the "accountant" doctrine :grin: That distinct "shock" "shock" says youre in the wrong place... :grin:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
xcibes said:
Yes and No, I keep my Glock 17 loaded with one in the pipe at all times as I carry it with me everywhere but it is getting tiresome as it is too large. I am getting an XD from Biggerstick and I suspect I will carry that until I can get a Glock 19 which is what I should have gotten in the first place instead of the 23 which I sold. I also keep 2 loaded 20 round AR mags for my [heresy][drinking cool-aid][putting on flame suit] Colt 6920. When I get my AKMS built I will keep that one loaded. all my other AKS are hidden as my wife hates guns and AKs in particular. Would love to SBR my MP5-wanna-be-BW5FS but too much hassle at this time and no folding stocks available.
Let me know how you like the XD. For me, after I got the XD the Glock
didn't feel natural anymore.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I keep my G27 loaded w/ round in chamber almost 100% of the time (carry gun), and for home defense I keep a Winchester 30-30 (pre-64 model 94) loadedand ready in the top of the closet. Some may wonder why a brush-gun and not my 12 ga 870? Well, in the event of a break-in I feel that ,God willing, I get the drop on them OO buckshot would be quite messy and the 30-30 round would not, imo, overpenetrate. The use of the lever-action deer rifle would'nt bring down as much heat as say an AR or AK or even the evil looking black shotgun.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Xavier, as cool as an SBR would be for home defense, using an NFA weapon in a self defence scenario is just asking to go to jail.

The times it's been done, it adds overwhelmingly to the difficulty in court defense.

I keep my SIG P226 by the bed with it's Meprolight sights and a Surefire, and my 870 Police nearby.

Enough for zombies......... :zombie:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
xcibes said:
It's not really a matter of coolness, I am thinking in terms of not carrying a musket down a narrow hallway, easy to maneuver with a short rifle. About the going to jail part, it's a crapshoot ANYWAY when you shoot a burglar in your home regardless of what you use
Not so much around here man. If you're in the right and did the right thing, you should be OK. It's when you start using exotic weaponry that things go downhill.

I've sold stuff to people who had to use it THE VERY NEXT DAY to kill someone (and in one case 2) scumbags who were trying to kill them, and there were no issues because they did the right thing and followed the law.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Gipper said:
The use of the lever-action deer rifle would'nt bring down as much heat as say an AR or AK or even the evil looking black shotgun.
I think a Saiga could be used without much said. Because it's not the regular AK look. That said, I think a shotgun is best.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Well, I wish I could say that I have an AK as my primary defensive firearm, but....

My primary defensive firearm is an all-Colt 16" M4 with a dedicated SureFire flashlight.

My secondary is my 12 gauge Benelli Super 90 M1, but this is not 100% to my liking yet - still lacks the SureFire light, single point sling mount and oversized charging handle. I have a Winchester 1300 pump as well.

My sidearm is a .40 Glock 23 and I prefer 155 gr Federal HyrdaShok ammunition.

The AK's are available of course, if I were to need them. I would probably grab my Global trades SSR-85-B, as I consider it a working rifle; it has proven to be light, handy and reliable.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts