AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I recall seeing someone had some East German ones a while back. Are they still around or is it just second hand market now? I would like to find a cheap shooter (if that exsist) any how thanks in advance.

Old Sarge

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Check Gunbroker. You find them off and on there. The East German ones were going for $300-350... they are not cheap shooters but rather collector pieces.

If you want a cheap shooter, buy a Bulgarian. They were imported in quantity about 3 years ago, and sold for $150 each... you can still find them on GunBroker for $200. I paid $185 and $200 for mine SHIPPED by watching GunBroker. However, the Bulgarian Makarovs pretty much never go for more than $230 each UNLESS they are Arsenal Makarovs... in which case they get into the same price range as the East Germans.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I think Cole Distributing has EGs. Bulgies on GB have been going for $260 lately.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
+1

Bulgarian Maks have been inching towards $300 lately. I won't be surprised if next year all Maks are above the $300 level and all AKs above $500.

SwannyJ said:
I think Cole Distributing has EGs. Bulgies on GB have been going for $260 lately.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Wow... a lot of coin for a Makarov. I've seen many at gun shows and on GB end below the $230 mark...

Anyone in Williamsburg, VA... I know of two Bulgarian Maks for $225 like new and a Russian commercial and an EG for $350.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
SwannyJ said:
I think Cole Distributing has EGs.
COLE did have some nice E German MAKAROVs at a very good price, considering what people usually pay for them on the secondary market, but they sold out pretty fast

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
They may seem expensive but they are one of the best if not THE best small auto ever made. I have a Walther PP too and I'd take my DDR mak over it any day of the week. Whatever the cost, you will quickly wonder why it didn't cost more once you shoot it a bit!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts