AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys wanted to askwhether chinese norinco type 56-1, 56-2 rifle barrel and piston chrome plated like there rusrian counterpart. an how is there over all quality.......Need help abt this[/b]

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Chinese barrels are "chrome lined" not necessarily "chrome plated."

Bolt carriers are also chromed, but not chrome plated.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
Chinese barrels are "chrome lined" not necessarily "chrome plated."

Bolt carriers are also chromed, but not chrome plated.
A common misconception...they are "in the white". The fact they are evidently polished to some degree gives a impression of being chromed.

You see some old chinese AK's that had alot of corrosive primed ammo put thru them and not cleaned up well...

With GRAY carriers, that used to shine (actually, sorta looks nice!).

LG :neutral: (the piston ON the front of the carrier *is* chromed)

P.S -BTW, having several "bright" carrier chinese AK's...I blued my Poly carrier -no chrome impedied the job.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
That's true I think. I once went a year without cleaning my 56s-1 to see what would happen. It never did jam but the bolt carrier did rust. Plus I've put well over 10,000 rounds through it over the years and the worn surfaces look the same as the unworn surfaces. It it was chromed I think there would be a difference in the look of the two. I have a Steyr GB that has chrome wear on the barrel and you can see where the chrome is gone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i got a mixed reply but still cant get to the point. Is the barrel and piston bot chrome lined/plated to withstand corrosin and heat of firing like the russian AK's

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
The inside of the barrel is hard chromed, as is the outside of the gas piston.

The bolt carrier is in the white, not finished, just polished steel.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Muhammad said:
well i got a mixed reply but still cant get to the point. Is the barrel and piston bot chrome lined/plated to withstand corrosin and heat of firing like the russian AK's

YES :neutral:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK i got the point............. chinese ak's are chrome plated..........now which chinese factory's ak47 is best...... norinco or polytech

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Polytech... The barrels were supposedly air guaged for consistancy/accuracy and were held to a higher quality control standard.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Poly's

Templar said:
The inside of the barrel is hard chromed, as is the outside of the gas piston.

The bolt carrier is in the white, not finished, just polished steel.
PolyTech bolt carriers and bolts are parked silver. The gas piston and barrels are hard chromed. Norinco bolts and bolt carriers are in the white not parked. Just go to Kengs web site........Trust me.

http://www.polytechparts.com/

CAB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts