AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really??
I've got one inbound...or at least I'm told it is. Came for Lew Horton, I thought the milled 5.56 AKs were hard to come by? Are the stamped AKs that rare?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Read they are so rare. There's not even one in the museum in Bulgaria. Only ones here in the U.S. are from parts kits, that
K-var had brought in.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It may be a milled 5.56 AK then ,my boss ordered it from Lew Horton and he told me it was a stamped bulgy AK. Maybe he was confused, I'll buy it either way for 557.16 any way. :wink:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Arsenal has not built any stamped 5.56mm rifles yet, one thing to remembver, especially about Horton's, is that the sales people are not "gun" people most of the time, and they have A LOT of product to remember and all they know is what their computer is telling them.

Hopefully, Arsenal Inc. will introduce a stamped series of 5.56mm, and I'll be in line in a heart beat for one.

Hopefully, the SLR-107A1 and SLR-108's will be available soon, but again, they are entirely dependent on the Bulgarians on this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why is everyone so intent on getting a stamped .556 AK?

I always thought that milled receivers were more desireable because they were much sturdier, and a slight increase in weight was the only downside.

Am I missing something?
Are milled AK's that much heavier, or is there something else?

·
Registered
183 Posts
The stamped models will hopefully be cheap and lighter fun packages...
Now only for a big, inexpensive supply of 30 round 5.56 mags to go along with them :hail:

AC

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Here are some factory pics of Arsenal 5.56 stamped guns.

AK-74M1A1 Pattern 2

AKS-74M1A1 Pattern 2

My AKS-74 M1A1 Pattern 1

The reason I like mine is because of the reduced weight which makes a difference for carrying in the field. It weighs almost the same as an M4A3 but is much more reliable and just as accurate. True the milled guns are more robust but a stamped gun will last just as long and is cheaper to produce. Honestly I would love to see Arsenal BG start producing stamped 5.56 guns that are affordable for everyone. Mine was a project that started over seven years ago and no Arsenal BG doesn't even have one in their military museum collection as Templar pointed out.

Bryant :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts