AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Tappco G2 FCG. Is that all there is, when someone refers to a G2 FCG are they talking about Tappco or are there other sources, makers of G2 FCG's? RSA 2 stage excluded. Also speaking of fire control groups, what's the latest, greatest on the trigger spacer? When sorting through the parts of my first AK-47 parts kit (well used, maybe abused, 75%, missing rear end, double throw down zombie killer to be AMD-65) I ended up with the following parts to use with the G2 FCG:

hammer pin
trigger pin
trigger spacer
disconnector spring
hammer spring

pin retaining spring must have been lost in the last Zombe battle.

Use the kit parts or acquire new parts?

The assembly/disassembly tutorial on "the other site" made no mention of the trigger spacer.

As you can tell I know absolutely zilch about putting together a super duber Zombie killer, I am trying to remedy that post haste. :grin:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Personal opinion: All are G2's, regardless of source.
But the single hook G2 is NOT equal to the Double Hook. I have had too many double-triple problems with SINGLE hook G2 sets - DOUBLE hooks are flawless, and they are all that I will buy.

·
Banned
413 Posts
I think G2 sets are made by Gordon Tech. I'm glad GT receivers are slotted for the double hook FCG's, way too much slap on the single hook sets.

Bill

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tapco bought the rights to G2 triggers from Gordon Tech (the originator). Tapco changed the design slightly from the original by adding the pin sleeve. Tapco makes the current G2s and other sources are resellers. The original GTech G2 trigger was a virtual copy of the Arsenal of Bulgaria trigger installed in milled imported rifles like SA93 and SLR95.

IMO the current (Tapco) double hook G2 is an okay trigger. The original G2 (sans pin sleave) from GTech was better, but no longer available. The sleeve may make it easier to install, but it adds a bit of slop. I put double hook Tapco G2s into my "cheap" builds that aren't intended to see lots of rounds.

I don't like single hook G2s. Trigger slap and gritty feel.

For a gun that is intended to see alot of rounds and range time, a Redstar adjustable is an incredible upgrade. They cost too much for what they are, but they are extremely nice triggers.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I cant tell any difference between them . I have 4 with double hook,6 with single. They go bang when I pull the trigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts