AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a "pistol only" marked lower receiver. Can I put 16 inch upper on it? If not, what is the longest barreled upper I can put on it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I'm not completely sure of the "legal" answer to your question, but my guess is that you can add a 16" or longer upper and a buttstock to a pistol lower. My thinking lies with the fact that you can buy carbine kits for alot of popular pistols on the market. ie. 1911, Glock, M92, etc.

I'm sure someone who is more versed in the legal side of things will happen upon this post shortly.-COPE

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
COPE said:
I'm not completely sure of the "legal" answer to your question, but my guess is that you can add a 16" or longer upper and a buttstock to a pistol lower. My thinking lies with the fact that you can buy carbine kits for alot of popular pistols on the market. ie. 1911, Glock, M92, etc.

I'm sure someone who is more versed in the legal side of things will happen upon this post shortly.-COPE
You are reading into his question.

He didn't ask anything about putting a buttstock on it.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
That's true, but as I read the original post, I assumed barrel/buttstock that was the way he was leaning. I just couldn't figure out why someone would want 16" on a "pistol".

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
COPE said:
That's true, but as I read the original post, I assumed barrel/buttstock that was the way he was leaning. I just couldn't figure out why someone would want 16" on a "pistol".
Ask a Contender owner . . .

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Being marked "pistol only" has NO legal, atf, or any other value.

Its a marketing gimmick. You could have it marked "Superhero Operators Only" if you'd like :wink:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
so can you put a buttstock on a pistol lower with a 16'' upper?? i thought you couldnt put a buttstock on it for legal reasons....

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Robpiat said:
Being marked "pistol only" has NO legal, atf, or any other value.

Its a marketing gimmick. You could have it marked "Superhero Operators Only" if you'd like :wink:
It only matters that the transfer forms are marked that it is for a pistol right?

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
prdtr86 said:
so can you put a buttstock on a pistol lower with a 16'' upper?? i thought you couldnt put a buttstock on it for legal reasons....
So long as you have at least a 16" barreled upper on it BEFORE you attach the buttstock, you're legal.

Hooking a buttstock up to your AR15 pistol (with less than 16" bbl) will get you throwed in the pokey (unless you have a tax stamp).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts