AK Rifles banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
That's not what I meant / intended. I was thinking spare parts for bolt and carry handle etc. Go flour your nuts pal !

·
Registered
delete me
1,094 Posts
That's not what I meant / intended. I was thinking spare parts for bolt and carry handle etc. Go flour your nuts pal !
Lol I was just playing. I think Misha went over it in his unboxing video, but I could be wrong. I know for sure he said the lower receiver won't work.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Dang , I really like the cool look on the stock and hand guards of the 70/90. May just have one built. Thanks for the heads up pookie !

·
Registered
116 Posts
70/90 kits are going for $200+/- on GB now. Bought 5 this week between $170 to $230 each.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
So there's a guy named Troy at ESS that is selling 80% receiver kits, price is kinda steep but they look good and I guess that's small batch life when you cant spread tooling/development costs over thousands of units. No website so PM me and Ill send over his email address if youre interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
These are promising developments. I didn't know there was a viable option for receivers until now. When will barrels be completed? Price on receiver and barrel?

·
Registered
116 Posts
The pictures posted were text to me from Troy. I'm trying to find some 5.45 barrel blanks for AR70/90 profile.....that barrel nut easy change between barrel and swap calibers. They make 5.45 AR-15 mag's.

Reactions: swizz

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
They make 5.45 AR-15 mag's.
Who does? Because I know of two and nether of them have worked for me. ASC and C-Products. I have a few ASC mags left and if you load them past 20 rounds they won't work, follower binds and the rounds go limp. Forget the C-Products mags, they didn't run more than a few rounds at a time.
Rumor has it that a certain 20 round P-mag runs well and I've obtained a single example to test with, haven't had time to test it yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Who does? Because I know of two and nether of them have worked for me. ASC and C-Products. I have a few ASC mags left and if you load them past 20 rounds they won't work, follower binds and the rounds go limp. Forget the C-Products mags, they didn't run more than a few rounds at a time.
Rumor has it that a certain 20 round P-mag runs well and I've obtained a single example to test with, haven't had time to test it yet.
I guess it depends on the rifle. I've used ASC mags in my homebuilt AR (my own lower, Adams Arms upper), and they worked fine.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
This is really cool and I'm definitely interested as I have an AR70/90 kit. I do think he needs to drop the Beretta name, logo and "Made in Italy". That's just begging to get sued by Beretta or get in trouble with the feds for marking a product as made somewhere when it really wasn't.
Yeah, definitely sketchy but by the time your gun gets built, most of it will have been made by Beretta in Italy.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts