AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
I kinda want to, maybe they will end up like the CETME L? Bought one of those kits with no real hope they'd ever be buildable then -poof- ended up with a complete rifle. I think north of 10,000 CETME L kits came in, I wonder how many of these there are.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No receivers/barrels yet, but hopefully enough come in that someone will see a business opportunity, just hope they are of good quality. The only thing I’m worried about is that the receivers suck, but then Marcolmar comes out with quality complete rifles then I have to buy one of those. I’m way more excited about these than the Cetme L kits.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting learning about these. So obviously this is the improved version of the AR70, but the AR70 traces its origins back to a partnership with Sig. That development didnt pan out but both Beretta ad Sig ended up with virtually similar rifles, the Sig being the 530, which would later become the 540, then 550 series we all know

Beretta-

Sig-

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark Serbu at SERBU Arms is working on these.
He did an unpack video and posted in the thread on Weapons Guild.
He is building his as "post sample" guns and said he is already working on producing barrels.
https://www.youtube.com/user/markserbu/videos

I saw the thread where he posted up some cad work on a barrel, but can’t find the unboxing one. Can’t really search because I don’t have enough posts.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On mine I noticed after a brief inspection-
Lower Rec
Hammer
Trigger
Bolt
Carrier
Gas Block
Bipod
And the charging handle has a partial s/n

·
Registered
7 Posts
the tape that was used to package the bolt should have the serial number written on it
the one i got did
serial numbers are A five numbers H

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the parts are not serialized
its the part number
the two numbers after PB is the date of manufacture
That makes more sense

the tape that was used to package the bolt should have the serial number written on it
the one i got did
serial numbers are A five numbers H
The bag that had all my small parts including bolt and carrier was just that sealed clear poly bag in the pic under the utility knife. No tape on it, although the larger bag that had everything everything did have an EX written on it, I’m assuming that referred to the kits condition as excellent.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Sucks about the trunnion. Repairing those tabs could be a PITA. Doable though, I'm sure. Would love to have a complete rifle for the collection and I hope someone steps up with receiver shells and barrels.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a factory Beretta semi AR70, does anyone know if the parts are interchangeable between mine and the 70/90 parts?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts