AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Thought I would post a pic of a kit I just got today from APEX. This is the second 70's Romanian none"G" kit I have bought from them and am very pleased with the product and there service.

PROS: Kit has matching numbers on: rear sight leaf, selector, recoil spring, top cover, trunnion, bolt, bolt carrier.

CONS: Mag catch lever is bent..no big deal could probably bend it back some what. Trap door in buttstock is broken.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
thanks for the report--I have one arriving tomorrow and can't wait to get it.

it's either going to be a battlefield pickup or sent off for chrome plating. i won't know till i get a chance to inspect it which way it'll go. right now as much as i would giggle my buns off with a chrome AK in the safe, i'm leaning more toward BFPU.

maybe i'll just have to pick up another for one of each. :grin:

·
Registered
637 Posts
I just got three the end of last month and had to send one back. Ended up w/ a 78 w/ the lightening cuts and a 75 and 73 w/out them. Anyone else still getting any w/ the lightening cuts?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
How is the barrel? Bullet test?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I got one of these a couple weeks back from Apex. It's hard to tell from the pics but they look great in person. They will make beautiful battlefield pickup style weapons.

The barrel on mine was excellent and passed the bullet test - despite the exterior of the weapon showing lots of finish wear, the internals look nice.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TheRealSundance.. mine past bullet test with flying colors. Bore was shiny with strong rifling..looked very good. I have been very impressed with the two kits I have bought from APEX..and with the shipping was still cheaper than what most members are selling there "G" kits for on the boards. Very happy

·
Registered
126 Posts
I received a 70's matching numbers kit from Apex a couple weeks ago also. Well worn exterior, bore looks good to me. Has Monalisa carved in the handguard. :grin:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aero said:
I just got three the end of last month and had to send one back. Ended up w/ a 78 w/ the lightening cuts and a 75 and 73 w/out them. Anyone else still getting any w/ the lightening cuts?

Both my 70 and 73 did not have the lightening cuts. I'm thinking the later the kit the more likely for the lightening cuts. I wish I did get one with lightening cuts. My 70 kit is real nice though..

·
Banned
2,606 Posts
I just got mine yesterday. Dated 1975 without the lightening cuts. Barrel looks great. Came with the nastiest pistol grip I have ever touched. Not completely numbers matching though; only ones that match to trunion are the sight leaf, bolt, bolt carrier, and lower hand guard (very faint). As long as it headspaces correctly I will be fine with it, plus the other numbers are only off by 1 digit (trunion is FX 0642 while the rest are FX 0842).

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Groundshaker said:
Could someone post a side by side pic of the "Lightening cuts" and without? I would like to know..thanks

Late Romy G FSB with lightening cuts:

Early Romy non-G FSB without lightening cuts:

·
Registered
937 Posts
The Apex 70's Romys I got still had the paper in the barrels.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tinker said:
The Apex 70's Romys I got still had the paper in the barrels.
Mine did do Tinker...the 73 kit that is. Although even with the paper in the barrel...this rifle looks serviced..no doubt..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts