AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I do a AOW on one of the romy "champ" pistols? I would like a small truck gun. (also cheap) Its a lot of paper work just to put a Romy G donkey dick lower on a pistol . It would make a nice truck/4 wheeler gun. :grin:

can I use one of my form1 papers or is there special AOW forms?

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
You're gonna pay the same for any NFA option.

Just do it like this:

Clicks to source

You can use a donkey dick on the front of that w/o issue, if you were to be inclined.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
to make a AOW, it is still going to cost you 200 bucks for the tax stamp and it's the same form as making a SBR (form 1), you just put AOW where it says TYPE OF FIREARM. Transfers (form 4) of AOWs however are 5 bucks.

a 02 SOT, can make it into a AOW, and then you just do the form 4 transfer for 5 bucks.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Caligula said:
to make a AOW, it is still going to cost you 200 bucks for the tax stamp and it's the same form as making a SBR (form 1), you just put AOW where it says TYPE OF FIREARM. Transfers (form 4) of AOWs however are 5 bucks.

a 02 SOT, can make it into a AOW, and then you just do the form 4 transfer for 5 bucks.
. . . do you think the SOT is gonna "make it into an AOW" for free?

My opinion is still to SBR it ( you don't have to use a shoulder stock on an SBR ).

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Caligula said:

Thats a good idea on the sot . :grin: Thanks!

. . do you think the SOT is gonna "make it into an AOW" for free?

I have one in mind. :grin: I may have to spray a BMW for trade.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
nalioth said:
Caligula said:

. . . do you think the SOT is gonna "make it into an AOW" for free?

My opinion is still to SBR it ( you don't have to use a shoulder stock on an SBR ).

To make a Champion into an AOW... you add a forward grip. Disassemble, add handguard, reassemble. Where the heck is the reason to charge high costs?

The hardest part is registering it, which to someone in the buisness, is not that big of a deal.

It is much harder to make a SBR. Drill out old trunnion holes, remove old trunnion, weld up old trunnion holes, drill new ones for a fixed stock trunnion, rivet in the trunnion and re-finish the weapon, then add stock. I could do something like that myself, but to those who don't have the tools, its $$$. Then again, if he has the tools...

If you do SBR it, Will... make it an underfolder. The trunnion in there already is a UF trunnion, just without the holes drilled. Therefore, a drill press and a file and some time and you can have a SBR yourself. Or send it off. Or make the AOW.

·
Banned
2,035 Posts
will36 said:
Caligula said:

Thats a good idea on the sot . :grin: Thanks!

. . do you think the SOT is gonna "make it into an AOW" for free?

I have one in mind. :grin: I may have to spray a BMW for trade.
heh :) no need to go sucking carcinagenic's . I'll just get Steph to do the paperwork anyway ;) I'd SBR it though . AOW [any ole wanker] :lol:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It's just a paper drill for a manufacturer to 'make' you an AOW. Yeah, they'll probably charge you for it, but it will be significantly less than $200. I would pay $50 for the service, myself, but probably not more.

I'd rather just spend the $200 and put a stock on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts