AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
AIM will be getting a load of 7.62 bakelite mags in at some point. They're having issues with customs in the country of origin, I think.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The new Magpul AK mag is scheduled to be released next week I think.

And US Palm has announced that they have again made changes to their AK30 mag and will be displaying them at SHOT, also next week.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
That Magpul has been "coming out" since last April... :confused:
I think that is inaccurate. I recall Magpul stating on various forums that it would be the end of summer, meaning late September. They are behind that schedule, but then again they are in the process of moving from one state to two other states, something that was unexpected.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Magpul announced on 1/14/14 that they are shipping for SHOT show 2014.

Originally Posted By mpatch from AR15.com:
quoted from Magpul

"We could have released a good AK mag in late summer, but we don't like to aim for "good". The last round of tweaks has been aimed at endurance objectives and some lofty goals for reliability across many platforms, and our testing of this mag was one that was delayed by the flooding, also. An earlier version has been out for beta testing, and all reports have been very good, but we've actually made significant improvements since then. These changes are ones that probably won't even be noticed until after more than 2000rds per mag, but we're picky that way. New target date for quantity shipping is prior to SHOT, although I'm always pushing for sooner, if the product is ready."

It sounds like they will be fully metal reinforced.

another Magpul quote

"Hold off on the conspiracy theories. We had some setbacks with this product and a couple others in the flooding, and right now, we're testing another change. It takes a while to vet changes to feed geometry, especially when the tolerances and feeding characteristics of the guns are so broad. We may be a victim of our own standards, here. We could have released a very good mag in August. But, we want to truly maximize reliability and endurance in all testing platforms, and there are a lot more platforms to test. Some of the things we've learned in the months of delay are pretty significant. All of these lessons learned will go into the metal reinforced mag so we have less messing with geometry on that one.

It's coming. I expect to be running the latest version by weeks end. We'll get five or six thousand rounds on it and then commit to full testing if it goes well. All I can say is that we ship products when we feel they are ready, and sometimes we have an optimistic view of timelines, especially when we've got a lot of noise in the background, like a corporate move."

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those magpuls need to have windows, steel reenforced lug and feed lips before i will buy them.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
That Magpul has been "coming out" since last April... :confused:

I wonder if Palm's new mag will have a removable floor plate?!? :cool:
I wonder if PALM would FINALLY be putting in metal like they said they had in the beginning? Somebody else gets to cut one open this time to see if they lied.................AGAIN.

Now who wants to leap to the head of the line for their attacks? Can we all tell I am still harboring ill feelings toward them? Yes, I knew we could. LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts