AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around on ebay and found this AK dirk for $3,700 yes you read that right!! I admit its not bad looking, but the price is a bit high. :shock:

LINK

SEARCH FOR ITEM # 6613648408

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea why the hot link was not working anyway if you hit the link above and copy the # above it will get you there. If anyone else can make the direct link hot please do.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
That's sweet but I wouldn't pay that much even if it's actually worth it ... :razz:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I remember reading about those knives, They said when the maker presented them to Mr. kalashnikov, He took it out of the box and made a couple swipes and jabs with it then smiled and called it a toy or something like that, Said something about weapons being tools not toys....... It would be cool, but not for 3700 bucks

·
Registered
169 Posts
762BODYDROPPER said:
I remember reading about those knives, They said when the maker presented them to Mr. kalashnikov, He took it out of the box and made a couple swipes and jabs with it then smiled and called it a toy or something like that, Said something about weapons being tools not toys....... It would be cool, but not for 3700 bucks
I read that article, The Father of 100 Million Rifles in Field & Stream:

On this day a limited-edition series of decorative daggers had been released for public sale, each bearing Kalashnikov's signature and the unmistakable silhouette of the rifles he designed. The daggers, each of which would be offer for prices running into the thousands of dollars, seemed to have been created as much to boost profits for the Russian firm that makes them as to salute the general. And so when a craftsman presented him with the first dagger in the series, Gen. Kalashnikov seemed to recognize the incongruity of it all. He abruptly reached into the decorative box, withrew the diamond-studded weapon, and thrust and swung it a few times through the air. It was a reminder of just what a dagger does.
The gesture was playful, but its message was implicit: Tools are supposed to be used. Things are only as good as they work.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I still want it! That thing is cool... :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts