AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im toying with grabbing one for my varmint type guns for easier access and that would free up some safe room , had one years ago ,not really for a display thing , but ease of access if i glimpse a fox or coyote , the wall hang racks im not to keen on

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I loved those damned things and might be happy to have one also.
You know man as a kid in the sixties, you saw some beautiful never again to see guns, bayonets and knives in those cabinets.
They were more than just a place to put a shotgun, every damned one of those things had a hell of story.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I loved those damned things and might be happy to have one also.
You know man as a kid in the sixties, you saw some beautiful never again to see guns, bayonets and knives in those cabinets.
They were more than just a place to put a shotgun, every damned one of those things had a hell of story.
thats right , as a kid it was in our Living room , very ornate , when i came of age mine went in the LR as well but then i shacked up and she didnt want it in the LR so it moved to the Bedroom , and then finally didnt make the cut when we moved

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one, had it for over 30 years.
that would be a good one , all the new ones i see i can tell are cheap materials , i see one on Craigs i may pull the trigger on , i will capture the pics , 6 gun , perfect size for what i want , .22 LR , .22 Mag , .243 with NV , K98 8mm in period Commercial stock , and one of the 870's

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$150 bucks

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
People are also mining them for the old hard wood they were made from.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Mine forlornly houses some old parts in the bottom with an modern muzzle loader and Winchester 1300 turkey shotgun in the main compartment.

I kept one of those goldenrod heaters in mine to keep any humidity down.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Saw one in an antique store just this last weekend. Just like others, I remember these from my childhood and looked at it filled with nostalgia from yesteryear and wish we lived in times when these were actually safe to use. A time when people respected each other and one another's property. Today, I could use one to house two air rifles, a bolt .22, and an 870. I wouldn't trust anything else I own in one.

Reactions: jrsuds

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saw one in an antique store just this last weekend. Just like others, I remember these from my childhood and looked at it filled with nostalgia from yesteryear and wish we lived in times when these were actually safe to use. A time when people respected each other and one another's property. Today, I could use one to house two air rifles, a bolt .22, and an 870. I wouldn't trust anything else I own in one.
lol, thats why i have pitbulls

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish, so very much wish I could have dogs. I'm allergic.
i couldnt imagine life without dogs , the only time i have ever been without dogs was when i was in the service , even carried a dog up with me in the Alaskan Bush in the early 90's

Reactions: Judi

·
Registered
668 Posts
My neighbor has one in his den with a loaded AR, a loaded Remington 870, and a Colt 1911 in the corner.

No kids and the door is unlocked. I double dog dare you to open it without his permission.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My neighbor has one in his den with a loaded AR, a loaded Remington 870, and a Colt 1911 in the corner.

No kids and the door is unlocked. I double dog dare you to open it without his permission.
lol , the dreaded double dog dare , its all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Oddly enough, my Dad, though having served had no interest in fire arms. He knew an awful lot about them, he just quit hunting and sold his guns when he came home from the Army.
Lots of friends Dads had them, some were pretty cool and ornate. We were in a Military community, some of those gun cabinets coming from Germany were works of art.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OP, I would buy it. BTW if you don't let me know where it is at if it is in Tennessee.
its pretty nice for $150 , i think i can snake it for a saw buck , its been listed for a month

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
If I ever find a good deal on a nice one, I'll nab it. Yours is beautiful Micmacman.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks , but aint mine yet , i left the guy a message , waiting to hear back

1 - 20 of 28 Posts