AK Rifles banner

Anyone near wright pat afb?

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Krinkfreak 
#1 ·
Been in south Dakota chasing walleyed (pics later) and am crashing at wright pat afb in Dayton. Anyone up for a beer and a bite? Bout an hour out.

#4 ·
Although I"m not close enough to go, there are lots of good places to eat around there.

There was a small bar near Yellow Springs about thirty minutes from base that has killer burgers and even better made in house beer, but damned if I can remember the name now.

#7 ·
Damn AF, wish I had known, was just @ WPFB with my Brother-in-law about 2 hrs ago, ( he is career Army, was shopping on base) just got home and am almost an 1 1/2 hrs away. We where at the Sharonville gun show earlier and decided to make a run up to WPAFB.

:beer:

#8 ·
There used to be a great Chinese place across from gate 1C called the flying tiger or some such.
Outstanding eggrolls made in house, and the best General Tso I"ve ever had.

#9 ·
JoeMomma said:
There used to be a great Chinese place across from gate 1C called the flying tiger or some such.
I am going to have to remember this, love Gen. Tso chicken. :hail:

#11 ·
I'm in front of my computer with a Grey goose and Tonic, watching one hell of a storm front move in out of the Northwest......love a good lighting show. :beer:

#14 ·
Armed Ferret said:
Eff that storm. I had to drive thru it this morning lol.
I love a good storm, went through a tornado as a kid back in Apiril 1974, been fasinated with them since. One of the things I want to do in the next couple of years is go tornado chasing in Oklahoma. :beer:

#15 ·
JoeMomma said:
Good memory, Flying Tiger it is and they do have very good General Tso.
I used to be stationed at WPAFB and go to Wright State University now which is right next to the base.
Deros

#16 ·
I did not see this post until this morning. I work at WPAFB.

Lots of good places to eat.

Breakfast or lunch at Foy's in downtown Fairborn is outstanding.

You can try the Beef Bulgogi at Base Ops at lunchtime. Tell the Korean lady what temperature you want it....I normally go for a 6.

KF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.