AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local store had a M3 on consignment. Barely used, if ever. 16"+ barrel so kind of awkward.

the M3 is what my grandfather was issued as a tank driver in WWII. He did not speak all that highly of it, but needless to say it's on my list of desireables.

Why dear God did I have to hold that thing? Just thinking about it makes me giddy.

did not have the giggle switch obviously. But still.... love to get it and do a NFA mod to make it a tad bit more authentic....

Are parts kits still available?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Shek870 said:
Local store had a M3 on consignment. Barely used, if ever. 16"+ barrel so kind of awkward.

the M3 is what my grandfather was issued as a tank driver in WWII. He did not speak all that highly of it, but needless to say it's on my list of desireables.

Why dear God did I have to hold that thing? Just thinking about it makes me giddy.

did not have the giggle switch obviously. But still.... love to get it and do a NFA mod to make it a tad bit more authentic....

Are parts kits still available?

what kinda mods are you proposing? do you have a manufactuers licence?

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
I take it was made by Valkyrie Arms. As for the money, that is what credit cards are for :grin: . As for NFA "mods", you can only make it into a SBR, which is not a problem as you live in a "NFA friendly" state. all you would need is to cut down the barrel to 8 inches and crown the muzzle, after getting your approved form 1 back, which any good gunsmith can do that for you.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Kalash said:
rayman1 said:
Are these available on the NFA market and how much do these $15 subguns cost now?
Seen one at KCR a couple years ago had a $1500 price tag! Probably more now. In the early 80's I carried one of these as an APC driver.
Cool shooting but not real accurate. IIRC you had to hit the target once to qualify, out of a 30 rd. mag.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
XSAPPER said:
Kalash said:
rayman1 said:
Are these available on the NFA market and how much do these $15 subguns cost now?
Seen one at KCR a couple years ago had a $1500 price tag! Probably more now. In the early 80's I carried one of these as an APC driver.
Cool shooting but not real accurate. IIRC you had to hit the target once to qualify, out of a 30 rd. mag.
$1500??? :eek:

They're more like $18,000 now!

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
XSAPPER said:
Seen one at KCR a couple years ago had a $1500 price tag.
If you saw a M3 MG for 1500 bucks, it wasn't transferable, but a post dealer sample, and a overpriced one at that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, the only things I be willing to do and not catch the eyes of and spend time in Club Fed would be SBR on the correct form (after approval of course).

The 16" barrel made that sucker HEAVY and awkward. Maybe it would improve accuracy?

The stock was in a fixed position somehow, at least it didn't collapse the couple of times I tried... but I was in a hurry as well.

Thanks ya'll!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts