AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you own a vector v53 pistol, PLEASE post pics.... I am about to send my HK-33 kit to turbothis (07FFL on militaryfirearm.com) to have him transform my HK-33 kit into a v53 like pistol since the barrel was shortened in the demilling process.... I need pics particularly of the right side where the cocking tube more than anything...



Thanks in advance....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
I have a V53P, but I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are looking for a picture of.

"I need pics particularly of the right side where the cocking tube...(What?) more than anything.

Please advise exactly what you need a pic of and I'll see if I can't post one for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MKM said:
I have a V53P, but I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are looking for a picture of.

"I need pics particularly of the right side where the cocking tube...(What?) more than anything.

Please advise exactly what you need a pic of and I'll see if I can't post one for you.
The whole right side of the gun... and the right side-front-end of the gun..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,869 Posts
gotta be a jerk here and say

Get it turned into a rifle!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10Gauge said:
gotta be a jerk here and say

Get it turned into a rifle!
I'd thought about that, but I've always had a thing for the V53 by vector arms and I figured this was an easy (see: less expensive) way of getting one..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,869 Posts
Heavy_weapons_Guy said:
10Gauge said:
gotta be a jerk here and say

Get it turned into a rifle!
I'd thought about that, but I've always had a thing for the V53 by vector arms and I figured this was an easy (see: less expensive) way of getting one..
yeah but...how much more expensive are we talking?

a rifle in a rifle caliber makes way more sense than a pistol in a rifle caliber. no matter how nice it is.

Even if you have to put up with the stupid 16" barrel ...the fake cans I've seen are very nice.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
Heavy_weapons_Guy said:
transform my HK-33 kit into a v53 like pistol since the barrel was shortened in the demilling process.... I need pics particularly of the right side where the cocking tube more than anything...
why go the pistol route on that? I don't know if that gunsmith has a SOT, but if he does, have him make it into a SBR. I bought a V53 pistol and shooting that thing with no stock really sucks, and not all that great, so I went the SBR route for mine.

Anyway, here is a picture of the cocking tube on mine, hope it helps

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
+2 for making it into a SBR (if your state allows it)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,478 Posts
I went the pistol route knowing I was going to SBR it. My bobcat mp5 had a can which was a pain in the ass to have removed. Anyway, live and learn. Went the pistol route with this one.

I haven't shot it yet, but I do really like the feel of it. I also have both a fixed stock and collapsible stock for it. I prefer the fix stock over the collapsible. Not even close in my opinion. Caligula pointed out that these are MP5 HG's. I hadn't even noticed they were shorter than std V53 hg's. Makes total sense now that I've compared them side by side. I haven't ordered the correct set YET. Soon, Very soon.







Now SBR'd








 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,916 Posts
SBR, and while the sliding HK collapseable stock is "correct", they still suck......so I'd highly recommend either the A2 stock like Travis has or one of the newer Brugger and Thomet designs.

Do it right the first time, you'll save in the long run, believe me.


AND, you'll be happier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Here's a couple more V53P pics for ya without the HG on it...

sorry i'm not a better photographer!



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Templar said:
SBR, and while the sliding HK collapseable stock is "correct", they still suck......so I'd highly recommend either the A2 stock like Travis has or one of the newer Brugger and Thomet designs.

Do it right the first time, you'll save in the long run, believe me.


AND, you'll be happier.
Big +1 all-around here...It's really not much fun to shoot as a pistol, especially once the "gee-whiz" factor wears off(generally about 1 mag) and while the collapsable stock looks cool, the A2 is much better!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,437 Posts
Travis... that is one beautiful rifle! I am kinda torn on H&Ks and H&K clones... I would love a SBR H&K... the .308 is just plain nuts, the 53 is in .223 and I don't want to have to start stocking up on that ammo (especially with current prices), and a 9mm such as an MP-5 clone would fit the bill but Vector doesn't make them anymore and the current Cohaire/Bobcat weapons are... well, I've heard mixed reviews...

In dreamland though, I'd have an H&K MP-5K and standard MP-5 with A2 stock and at least one autosear. :grin:


Hey... I can dream! :roll: To the OP, I do not know what state you are in but I would definitely try to SBR it. If you plan to, it is better to have Turbothis send it to you as a pistol and for you to do the conversion yourself. It is a lot easier and less time and hassle to fill out a Form 1 yourself and send it in rather than to send it through a CIII dealer, pay the $60-80 transfer, do the paperwork and deal with the wait. Plus, with the H&K series, it is cake to do the conversion.




Oh, and Templar... stop telling the truth! You know people don't want to hear it!

*fade in to a picture from TOS with a Special Weapons SW-5 complete with C-Moore red dot, a beta drum and A3 collapsible stock...*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Is it just the early convex A3 stocks that suck? Has anyone tried one of the newer concave A3 stocks? My HK53 came with an A2 stock and I've been thinking about picking up one of the new style A3s for it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
bimmer95 said:
Is it just the early convex A3 stocks that suck? Has anyone tried one of the newer concave A3 stocks? My HK53 came with an A2 stock and I've been thinking about picking up one of the new style A3s for it.
I had a convex stock on mine originally, and it did suck, not because it didn't function or was unconfortable against the shoulder, it was too back end heavy with it on the rifle, which made the rifle unbalanced. I later found a concave stock at a good price, well as good of a price considering it's a HK part. If you are going to go with a concave stock, dig deep, they ain't cheap.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Very true, but nothing HK is cheap. I'll probably pick one of those stocks up in the next couple months because they're damn cool. I've got to do a little tuning on my 53 first, it's failing to eject properly at the moment, hopefully it just needs a good cleaning.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top