AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have ANY info, drawings, prints etc, on the Beretta PM12S subgun? ANY help is appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a lead on a PM12 kit for $120, and wanted to build a semi auto PM12S (fake can perm attached). There seems to be no real info on the net on these at all!!!

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
synweap223 said:
Have a lead on a PM12 kit for $120, and wanted to build a semi auto PM12S (fake can perm attached). There seems to be no real info on the net on these at all!!!

Found anything on if a Stemple receiver can be modified to take the parts?

A legal full auto PM12S would be pretty sweet...

·
Registered
784 Posts
:evil: :evil: I POSTED A LONG POST AND THEN PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED CAME UP....

Anyways I will try to repeat what I posted.

FRom what I know is that there were not many transferable m-12; m-12s; pm-12s and if they were the were rewelds, the majority of them were post samples

THe m-12 was the first full auto that I ever shot. A local PD had one and I knew the range master and he would let me shoot it anytime. This was a great gun It had one problem that woulld remder the weapon nonfunctional and required disassembly to fix. Sometimes a spent casing would not eject correctly but it would fall behind the FCG rendering the gun useless. They made a fix which was simple placing a peice of metal so that a casing would not go into the fcg. This correction may of been on the m-12s or the pm-12s. The m-12 is similar to the uzi in function they both utilixed a telescoping bolt and the uzi which came out in the late 40 and was battle proven may have been the reason that the m-12 really never causght on but it is one fine firearm.

I would love to own one of these fine ass weapons

I actually started a thread on the m-12 on uzi talk a while back
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28606

I do not know if this info is helpful to you but that is what I know about it--one fine weapon

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
synweap223 said:
You will have to make it a closed bolt version, as the originals
were open bolt guns. Probably will have to make a new bolt assem
along with the firing pin and such.

KyKGuy

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all who've responded. Your info is much appreciated.Never fired one, but I've heard these are SWEET shooters. Very controllable, and fairly easy to maintain. Getting one with the happy switch will be impossible for me (lest a huge lottery win) but building a semi version isnt too far out of reach.

I would build it on a seamless tube of the correct outer diameter, but a smaller ID (thicker wall), so the original bolt wont fit it. That would force me to also fabricate a new bolt, and convert it from its former machine gun self to a semi version using whatever means I can think up. A fake can permanently attached would bring it to legal length. I also had delusions of trying to make it take Sten mags as well :lol: . Its a cool project idea, but if I cant find any REAL info on it (dimensions, thread pitches, prints, etc) then it isnt even worth persueing. I've seen guys on the net that sell tubes with the print glued to it, but thats not what I want to do (see above, different tube dims) and getting them to sell just the print is like pulling teeth, and then checking that print for errors is also impossible, since theres no DETAILED info out there on the web for these things!! I just know that I want one, and I'm hoping to figure a way of doing it.

Thanks again guys. And the search continues.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
synweap223 said:
Thanks to all who've responded. Your info is much appreciated.Never fired one, but I've heard these are SWEET shooters. Very controllable, and fairly easy to maintain. Getting one with the happy switch will be impossible for me (lest a huge lottery win) but building a semi version isnt too far out of reach.

I would build it on a seamless tube of the correct outer diameter, but a smaller ID (thicker wall), so the original bolt wont fit it. That would force me to also fabricate a new bolt, and convert it from its former machine gun self to a semi version using whatever means I can think up. A fake can permanently attached would bring it to legal length. I also had delusions of trying to make it take Sten mags as well :lol: . Its a cool project idea, but if I cant find any REAL info on it (dimensions, thread pitches, prints, etc) then it isnt even worth persueing. I've seen guys on the net that sell tubes with the print glued to it, but thats not what I want to do (see above, different tube dims) and getting them to sell just the print is like pulling teeth, and then checking that print for errors is also impossible, since theres no DETAILED info out there on the web for these things!! I just know that I want one, and I'm hoping to figure a way of doing it.

Thanks again guys. And the search continues.

You have a few options...

1. Buy one of those tubes. Grind off the firing pin nub, and drill the back of the bolt through for a firing pin of some kind that already exists. Modify a hammer type trigger system. On the "original bolt" issue, you just need to make sure the original bolt won't fit. You can cut a slot in the bolt you have and add a rail on the inside of the receiver; or you can put a small weld on the inside of the receiver and cut a relief for it in the bolt... up to you. But you probably WILL need to weld weights onto the bolt, since you are going from open bolt to closed bolt and lose the forward inertia to hold the bolt forward during firing.

2. Talk to someone who owns one already. A legal, FA one. Ask them for some help with blueprints and the design of the weapon. You could also ask around for guys who have bought the above tubes.

3. Look into Stemple receivers. I do not know the current price, but it is basically a tube registered legally as a machine gun receiver. You can build the parts kit on it legally as a full auto.

http://www.brpguns.com/stg.htm

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Couple of points here...

The Beretta PM12S is certainly a fine subgun. My local dealer has a post sample one and I have had the opportunity to shoot it on many ocassions. It is as silky smooth as a Sterling without all the quirky ergonomic issues of the Sterling. It is also every bit the "tank" that an Uzi is, but is much more smooth a shooter.

Building a semi version probably doesn't make a lot of sense for several reasons. One, changing the function to closed bolt will change the gun substantially and you would not realize any "smoothness or controllability" benefits in that configuration. Another thing is that if you look at the receiver of the PM12S, you will not that the forward grip and the firing mechanism are contained in stampings that are part of the receiver tube and itr would be very difficult to craft them onto a new tube. Yet another issue is finding a striker mechanism that would work within the PM12's trigger housing. Using Sten mags would also make the project much more difficult due to their dimensional differences, plus they are a PIA to load anyway.

Although it would be cool...in the end you wouldn't have a gun that would do anything that a semi Uzi wont already do, with much easier mags to live with.

·
Registered
784 Posts
MKM said:
Couple of points here...

The Beretta PM12S is certainly a fine subgun. My local dealer has a post sample one and I have had the opportunity to shoot it on many ocassions. It is as silky smooth as a Sterling without all the quirky ergonomic issues of the Sterling. It is also every bit the "tank" that an Uzi is, but is much more smooth a shooter.

Building a semi version probably doesn't make a lot of sense for several reasons. One, changing the function to closed bolt will change the gun substantially and you would not realize any "smoothness or controllability" benefits in that configuration. Another thing is that if you look at the receiver of the PM12S, you will not that the forward grip and the firing mechanism are contained in stampings that are part of the receiver tube and itr would be very difficult to craft them onto a new tube. Yet another issue is finding a striker mechanism that would work within the PM12's trigger housing. Using Sten mags would also make the project much more difficult due to their dimensional differences, plus they are a PIA to load anyway.

Although it would be cool...in the end you wouldn't have a gun that would do anything that a semi Uzi wont already do, with much easier mags to live with.
could this be the same one that Gulfport PD had at their range in the late 90s early 2000. The gunsmith @ Cooks was also the rangemaster for GPD his name was Robert Landsdell (he actually came in 2nd in some shoot with Maysad ayoob) this was the 1st full auto I ever shot and it was great, he would invite me their and we literally had a blast. however, Robert movrf bsvk to Arkansas and I think that they shut the range down. I have always wanted one since then and during the late 90s I kick myself for at least not buying an uzi smg for around 4k back then and m-16 went for around 7, Damn if i only made the cash back then that I do now--i would probably be divorsed but happy

edit
just out of curisotsity who is the dealer with the post sample, Dad's or Jerry's?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts