AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
not to be the glass is half empty guy but...........
somethan isnt right about that
ill bet you they sold the uf off a poluf kit and replaced it with a rommy butt
polish wood isnt glossy rommy butts are glossy

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
That's a Polish front with a torched off Romy rear. Absolutely. I have a whole mess of those "Polish" rear ends in my shop. Amazing how red they look................ :lol:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
It's weird though................I just went and looked again and I see NO black stripe and it should be in the frame of the picture based on the rear sling swivel I see. Soooo..........what is it??

G

·
0 Posts
Tomovich said:
It's weird though................I just went and looked again and I see NO black stripe and it should be in the frame of the picture based on the rear sling swivel I see. Soooo..........what is it??
Bad picture but it sure looks like it has a black stripe.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
You also wonder how much that has to do with those underfolder Romanian kits with the correct lower handguard and the Polish underfolder stock.

I have been looking for a Polish fixed stock trunnion for along time, with no luck. Does anyone who has been a long time AK nut know if there were ever any fixed stock Polish AKM kits imported?
jithaca

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I have'nt seen any Polish stamped kits but there were some Type III fixed stock kits at one time.You could use any AKM rear trunnion,rear trunnions usually are'nt marked and were often supplied by co-operative Countries.

·
Registered
4 Posts
akParts.com

New guy here folks, but I have bought several kits and some parts from AKParts.com. So far I have been pleased with everything and they have fast shipping.

I just received on of the Romy Sidefolders with all matching numbers in exc. condition. When I opened the box, the parts looked almost new with very little finish wear. When I started to remove th top handguard, there was "crud", which I thought was old grease near the lever. It was not grease, but rust crud. I was able to clean it off with my Dremel tool and wire brush. At first I was upset about the rust, but AKParts would not have noticed it either so I cleaned the crud off and it it is OK. I will just have to add a little cold bluing around the handguard lock where I brushed it off. Otherwise the kit is GREAT! This was the first time I have had anything wrong with their parts or kits. No problem and cheaper than sending back for replacement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have bought Yugos, SA85s, Romys and Romy UFs from them. Always been as described. When I used to buy from CFS, I would buy from both. AKparts stuff was always a little better in quality and a lot better packed. Prices were usually $10 higher. I decided that it was worth it. Within the last few months it seems like their prices have gone up. I have enquired about the status of my order on a couple of occasions. They (Sandy) emailed me back within a day or so. No complaints.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts