AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about purchasing a zastava m70 pistol chambered in .380acp.
The only reservation I have for the purchase is that mags appear to be unobtainable.

What I would like to know is...
Can I make m70aa 9 round, 9mm mags work? I know that the .32acp version has an insert in the magazine well to accommodate the .32 mag, but I imagine that insert could be removed if the 9mm magazine would lock up and feed properly.

I know that this model is rare, but I am hoping that some one has knowledge of this, and can help me out.
Thank, you.

· Registered
366 Posts
If spare mags are unavailable, don't bother. A much better pistol is the CZ82 or CZ83. Atlantic Firearms I think got a shipment in. I know the CZ83 is made in .380acp and mags are available as with the CZ82 which originally came 9mm Makarov.
The Czech pistols are much better than the Yugo pistols.

· Registered
349 Posts
I am thinking about purchasing a zastava m70 pistol chambered in .380acp.
The only reservation I have for the purchase is that mags appear to be unobtainable.

What I would like to know is...
Can I make m70aa 9 round, 9mm mags work? I know that the .32acp version has an insert in the magazine well to accommodate the .32 mag, but I imagine that insert could be removed if the 9mm magazine would lock up and feed properly.

I know that this model is rare, but I am hoping that some one has knowledge of this, and can help me out.
Thank, you.
I recently heard about these. Where did you find one? I think it’d be cool for collectors sake but mag availability would not make them practical.

· Registered
365 Posts
I bought an M70 in the common 32acp version that was refurbished and had poor trigger pull. I got ride of it. A year later I got an M70 in 32acp unissued conditioned that is an excellent shooter and a keeper.

As for cz82’s I have owned at least 3
over the years. All 3 shot well but 2 of them had a trigger slap that made them unpleasant to shoot for an extended period.

· Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses.
21Bravo, the cz83 was my first choice, followed by Beretta 84bb.
As I was checking them out I came across the Zastava M70 in .380acp.
Even if it had only one mag I would still be tempted. Seems to be a very unique item.

Turbo, Old Western Scrounger is offering them, collectors grade, supposedly. ( we've all heard that before).
Around Black Friday they offered them for $249.95 (?), then a week later they upped the price to $449.
I had the money saved up by then and was disappointed to see the price hike, so I emailed and asked why.
No reply. Another week goes by and I figure screw 'em. Now I see them for $399.95. Still too high.
I imagine they will still be there next Black Friday and I can try then if they bring the price back down to earth.

Of course, if I win the lottery I could spring for one at $400, though I hate rewarding a gouger.

· Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link , 21Bravo. I have been keeping an eye on the Beretta 83 and others in orderto catch the best option for my purchase. It looks like atlantic has a new batch of 83's, because the ones up until now didn't look as nice as the one in the pic. I just might be getting that 83 tomorrow.

Thank you.
And FYI, J&G Sales has b2/83 mag on sale for $29.99.

· Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoops! My mistake. That cz83 on page one of Atlantic Firearms is in Makarov caliber, not what I was after.
Am looking for .380acp.
Will be keeping my eye out for something good to turn up online.
I give up on gun shows anymore. What a disappointment from what they were 5 years ago.
I know things change, but anymore the gun show situation is pathetic.
Nearly all the venders think they have the Holy Grail judging by their pricing.

· Registered
366 Posts
Whoops! My mistake. That cz83 on page one of Atlantic Firearms is in Makarov caliber, not what I was after.
Am looking for .380acp.
Will be keeping my eye out for something good to turn up online.
I give up on gun shows anymore. What a disappointment from what they were 5 years ago.
I know things change, but anymore the gun show situation is pathetic.
Nearly all the vendors think they have the Holy Grail judging by their pricing.
I used to call their gun show pricing... Reagan era pricing.... Back when the economy was good...

· Registered
512 Posts
I mostly see the M70 in .32acp, that was at one time a cheap caliber. I have not seen many in 380acp. I do have a few Berettas and the Beretta 84B was my first. I also have a nice CZ83 and enjoy them both. I don't think you will go wrong getting either of those 380acp guns.
Product Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Line

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

1 - 11 of 11 Posts